11. My Hometown (4:17)
12. I Wonder If I Care As Much (2:35)
13. Blowin' In The Wind (3:39)
14. Crazy (Piano Version) (2:24)
Контейнер: FLAC (*.flac)
Тип рипа: tracks

Разрядность: 24bit / 192kHz
Количество каналов: 2.0
During the 2014 promo campaign for Pono, his high-end digital audio device, Neil Young called his forthcoming album A Letter Home "an art project," which is an appropriate term for this curious collection of covers from his contemporaries. It's not so much that the choice of songs is unusual -- nearly all of them are from the '60s and '70s, years when Young was also active, but a handful ("Crazy," "Since I Met You Baby," "I Wonder If I Care as Much") date from the late '50s or early '60s -- but the recording method. Young headed down to Jack White's Third Man Records in Nashville where Jack installed a refurbished Voice-O-Graph booth, a device designed to allow a user to "Make Your Own Record" by cutting a song or message directly to vinyl. These contraptions were designed in 1947 and were once a common sight in arcades and fairs but they died away in the '70s, turning into an artifact of a weird old Americana beloved by both Young and White. Neil decided to use the Voice-O-Graph to record a full album, an experiment that's strictly about the method of recording, not the music itself. By design, the Voice-O-Graph allows for no overdubs -- it captures everything that happens in the booth and nothing more -- so the performances are intimate and sometimes rushed, qualities that are alternately enhanced and undercut by the thin, crackly recording. This aural affectation can be affecting -- in particular, his readings of Gordon Lightfoot's "Early Morning Rain" and "If You Can Read My Mind" are quite sweet, as is Bob Dylan's "Girl from the North Country," while there's a genuine pang of pathos lying in Bert Jansch's "Needle of Death" -- but the trebly, wavy audio can also seem cacophonous, whether it's capturing Neil alone (Bruce Springsteen's "My Hometown") or in tandem with White (a version of Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again" that always seems just on the verge of falling apart, which could be perceived as a compliment depending on your view). Usually, the flaws of A Letter Home can be pegged on the archaic recording technology -- only a couple of performances feel shambolic -- but Young is also having fun with what the Voice-O-Graph meant, opening the album with a wry, winding spoken letter to his departed mother and then addressing another missive to her later on the record. These words are simultaneously sentimental and impish, a wink to the audience that Young is in on the joke but also doesn't quite consider A Letter Home a joke. Sure, there's artifice and humor here, but there's also heart, and this blend of emotions is what makes A Letter Home one of Neil Young's quintessential, endearingly odd records. --Stephen Thomas Erlewine

Personnel:
Neil Young – vocals, guitar, harmonica, piano
Jack White – vocals and guitar on "On the Road Again", vocals and piano on "I Wonder If I Care as Much"

Recorded: Third Man Records, Nashville, TN
Код:
foobar2000 1.2.2 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
log date: 2015-04-12 18:46:58

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: Neil Young / A Letter Home
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR         Peak         RMS     Duration Track
DR16      -0.20 dB   -18.76 dB      2:21 ?-A Letter Home Intro
DR16      -0.71 dB   -20.72 dB      4:05 ?-Changes
DR14      -0.20 dB   -17.72 dB      3:31 ?-Girl From The North Country
DR13      -0.20 dB   -18.31 dB      5:03 ?-Needle Of Death
DR15      -0.20 dB   -17.99 dB      4:28 ?-Early Morning Rain
DR15      -2.47 dB   -21.80 dB      2:22 ?-Crazy
DR15      -0.20 dB   -17.92 dB      3:16 ?-Reason To Believe
DR14      -0.20 dB   -15.98 dB      2:25 ?-On The Road Again
DR14      -0.20 dB   -16.61 dB      4:05 ?-If You Could Read My Mind
DR15      -0.20 dB   -17.59 dB      2:24 ?-Since I Met You Baby
DR15      -0.20 dB   -18.24 dB      4:17 ?-My Hometown
DR13      -0.81 dB   -18.21 dB      2:35 ?-I Wonder If I Care As Much
DR14      -0.44 dB   -16.76 dB      3:39 ?-Blowin' In The Wind
DR16      -0.20 dB   -20.46 dB      2:24 ?-Crazy (Piano Version)

Number of tracks:  14
Official DR value: DR15

Samplerate:        192000 Hz
Channels:          2
Bits per sample:   24
Bitrate:           5772 kbps
Codec:             FLAC
================================================================================
При скачивании, если необходимо, переименуйте папку, в которой будет находиться альбом
Большая просьба к скачавшим поддерживать раздачу! Помогайте другим, ведь вам тоже может понадобиться помощь!
Не забываем говорить "Спасибо"!
Комментарии приветствуются!
Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 11.44 КБ / Просмотров 17 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  2.01 ГБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  36
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1