Статистика раздачи
Размер: 250.96 МБ | | Скачали: 0
Сидеров: 0  [0 байт/сек]    Личеров: 0  [0 байт/сек]
Пред. тема | След. тема 

Автор
Ответить с цитатой 

Auburn Lull - Alone I Admire / 2002
Cast From The Platform / 2004 | Regions Less Parallel: Early Works and Rarities (1996-2004) / 2005
Жанр: Post Rock / Ambient / Dream Pop
Год выпуска диска: 2002
Производитель диска: Darla DRL122
Аудио кодек: FLAC
Тип рипа: tracks+.cue
Битрейт аудио: lossless
Продолжительность: 47:22.013 (125332788 samples)
01. Stockard Drive ... 4:35
02. Desert ... 3:23
03. Old Mission ... 3:18
04. Blur My Thoughts Again ... 4:50
05. Early Evening Reverie ... 3:59
06. The Last Beat ... 3:49
07. Tidal ... 2:55
08. Between Trains ... 5:38
09. Finland Station ... 4:18
10. Untitled ... 10:38

http://www.auburnlull.com
http://www.myspace.com/auburnlull
The band consists of guitarists Sean Heenan, Jason Kolb, Eli Wekenman, and drummer Jason Wiesinger The quartet came together out of its members' shared affection for bands like Seefeel, Flying Saucer Attack, earlier works from Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, along with many of the acts on the 4AD and Creation Records imprints.
In 1997, the band released the Dual Group EP — a split recording with their friends Mahogany — which received U.K. airplay via John Peel's BBC radio program. Their full-length debut, Alone I Admire, was initially released on local independent record label Burnt Hair in 1999, and was re-released by larger Darla Records in 2002. After the band emerged from a five-year hiatus, Cast From The Platform was released in 2004.
"Occasionally you'll come across a bandname that describes its aura more succinctly than you ever could. The 'Auburn Lull'-- that warm, radiant feeling that stays with you when your girlfriend's gone home, after a psychedelic trip or just a long, lazy day at the beach. It's an apt name for the musicians, who holed up between the summer of 1997 and the spring of 1998 and carved out the thick slabs of resonance that became Alone I Admire. The album was originally released in 1999 on Burnt Hair Records, the Michigan label known for drone excursions by groups like Füxa and Windy & Carl, and it's been out-of-print since shortly thereafter. Darla was wise to secure the reissue: this is a classic, transcending notions of space-rock and shoegazing to reach an apotheosis of pure, vibrant sound.
A massive amount of production work went into Alone I Admire, no doubt due in part to producer Andrew Prinz of Mahogany. The sleeve notes mention the array of microphones spread throughout the studio, centered especially around the drums to create a sensation of depth. The guitar signals were bi-amped for dense resolution, and "it should be noted that several different kinds of sampling and delay units were utilized, as well as a gregarious amount of external reverberation processors." Afterwards the songs were enhanced by further editing and tape looping, and eventually fed into a 16-channel mixing desk. As a result, these slow songs evolve gently through some of the most eyelid-shudderingly rich sonic layers I've ever heard. Audiophiles will revel in a record that finally tests their systems to the limit.
The group begins each track with a simple rhythmic idea, as with the steady cymbal tick that opens "Stockard Drive." A sheet of sound rises up, instruments completely indistinguishable, just this sustained choral hum that builds as the male singer breathes a light refrain. Nothing prepares you for the burst that follows, though, as a searing ray that was once a guitar soars upwards into a gorgeous heliosphere. The timbres throughout Alone I Admire have you reaching sheepishly for embarrassing adjectives like 'glorious' or 'sacred.' There's an all-enveloping, alien perfection to the music that even some legendarily obsessive musicians couldn't quite craft.
The Auburn Lull's success has to do somewhat with the minimal instrumentation they chose. Bass, guitar and drums are augmented by other strings and occasional tape loops and piano strains. "Old Mission" features the bowing of a cello, its solitary nature setting a melancholy counterpoint against the orchestral swell of guitars that follows. "Blur My Thoughts" brightens the mood as angelic pulse tones descend amongst the cavernous bass drum reverb, a constant shimmering that reminds me of Seefeel. That's one of the only comparisons necessary for these otherworldly atmospheres, though, and ethereal vocals intrude to draw you out of total reverie. A sample of foreign language chatter from the television ends the piece on a tense note.
The album's careful to keep enough progressions in play to avoid floating away entirely. On "Desert," the sheen of the guitar permeates the mix at first, chipped into recognizable form by the circling strokes of the percussion. Then a deep rhythm line rises, like dub played on double-bass, shifting the piece into forward motion. Again, the male/female vocal harmony chimes together like a psalm, and the lyrics ("leave without a clue...") turn the title into a verb. But despite the utterly solemn moments on the album, it's striking how nice the melodies are overall. "The Last Beat" in particular heightens the pace with a faster drum shuffle, and the oscillating scree of the guitar brings peaceful images of seagulls gliding over shorelines. It's simply beautiful, uplifting music.
Environments this pristine and patient inevitably get tagged as 'glacial,' but the Auburn Lull drift through spaces far more nebulous, like billowing clouds ringing mountaintops. Of course, some listeners might get lost in the haze, and there will be some who say that the album puts them to sleep. That's partly the point: whereas the rock-oriented shoegazer bands were content to coat their pop songs in cycles of distortion, the Auburn Lull finds an even more engrossing starting point deep within the decay of reverberation. You'll find yourself lulled by the swirling sounds, always spinning forward and yet echoing in the past's delay, caught up in the doldrums and realizing it's a lovely place to be. They may have recorded only one album, but the Auburn Lull have made music fine enough to die to, and I don't think I alone admire their ability to bring heaven to the earth."
Код:
Exact Audio Copy V0.99 prebeta 4 from 23. January 2008
EAC extraction logfile from 17. October 2008, 3:01
Auburn Lull / Alone I Admire
Used drive  : PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-750A   Adapter: 0  ID: 0
Read mode               : Secure
Utilize accurate stream : Yes
Defeat audio cache      : Yes
Make use of C2 pointers : No
Read offset correction                      : 102
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out          : No
Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
Delete leading and trailing silent blocks   : No
Null samples used in CRC calculations       : Yes
Used interface                              : Installed external ASPI interface
Gap handling                                : Appended to previous track
Used output format              : User Defined Encoder
Selected bitrate                : 192 kBit/s
Quality                         : High
Add ID3 tag                     : No
Command line compressor         : C:\Program Files\EAC\Exact Audio Copy\FLAC\flac.exe
Additional command line options : -V -8 -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" %s
TOC of the extracted CD
     Track |   Start  |  Length  | Start sector | End sector
    ---------------------------------------------------------
        1  |  0:00.00 |  4:34.44 |         0    |    20593
        2  |  4:34.44 |  3:23.20 |     20594    |    35838
        3  |  7:57.64 |  3:18.28 |     35839    |    50716
        4  | 11:16.17 |  4:50.11 |     50717    |    72477
        5  | 16:06.28 |  3:58.41 |     72478    |    90368
        6  | 20:04.69 |  3:48.40 |     90369    |   107508
        7  | 23:53.34 |  2:55.10 |    107509    |   120643
        8  | 26:48.44 |  5:37.59 |    120644    |   145977
        9  | 32:26.28 |  4:17.63 |    145978    |   165315
       10  | 36:44.16 | 10:37.60 |    165316    |   213150
Track  1
     Filename E:\FLAC\Auburn Lull - Alone I Admire\01 - Stockard Drive.wav
     Pre-gap length  0:00:02.00
     Peak level 96.5 %
     Track quality 99.9 %
     Test CRC 5DF27AFA
     Copy CRC 5DF27AFA
     Accurately ripped (confidence 2)  [FC7317C7]
     Copy OK
Track  2
     Filename E:\FLAC\Auburn Lull - Alone I Admire\02 - Desert.wav
     Peak level 96.5 %
     Track quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC 71F76CF1
     Copy CRC 71F76CF1
     Accurately ripped (confidence 2)  [95BFEDB6]
     Copy OK
Track  3
     Filename E:\FLAC\Auburn Lull - Alone I Admire\03 - Old Mission.wav
     Peak level 96.5 %
     Track quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC E63A9860
     Copy CRC E63A9860
     Accurately ripped (confidence 2)  [8602072B]
     Copy OK
Track  4
     Filename E:\FLAC\Auburn Lull - Alone I Admire\04 - Blur My Thoughts Again.wav
     Peak level 96.5 %
     Track quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC 8E5BA2AE
     Copy CRC 8E5BA2AE
     Accurately ripped (confidence 2)  [E0E0A9EF]
     Copy OK
Track  5
     Filename E:\FLAC\Auburn Lull - Alone I Admire\05 - Early Evening Reverie.wav
     Peak level 96.5 %
     Track quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC 0B5B3251
     Copy CRC 0B5B3251
     Accurately ripped (confidence 2)  [3BED3866]
     Copy OK
Track  6
     Filename E:\FLAC\Auburn Lull - Alone I Admire\06 - The Last Beat.wav
     Peak level 96.5 %
     Track quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC 4ABB8EC6
     Copy CRC 4ABB8EC6
     Accurately ripped (confidence 2)  [2EC871D5]
     Copy OK
Track  7
     Filename E:\FLAC\Auburn Lull - Alone I Admire\07 - Tidal.wav
     Peak level 96.5 %
     Track quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC 5089867D
     Copy CRC 5089867D
     Accurately ripped (confidence 2)  [538641B2]
     Copy OK
Track  8
     Filename E:\FLAC\Auburn Lull - Alone I Admire\08 - Between Trains.wav
     Peak level 96.5 %
     Track quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC 0C55E5C8
     Copy CRC 0C55E5C8
     Accurately ripped (confidence 2)  [0F217637]
     Copy OK
Track  9
     Filename E:\FLAC\Auburn Lull - Alone I Admire\09 - Finland Station.wav
     Peak level 96.5 %
     Track quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC C3CE2C97
     Copy CRC C3CE2C97
     Accurately ripped (confidence 2)  [5F880257]
     Copy OK
Track 10
     Filename E:\FLAC\Auburn Lull - Alone I Admire\10 - Untitled.wav
     Peak level 96.5 %
     Track quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC A5486988
     Copy CRC A5486988
     Accurately ripped (confidence 2)  [EBBED5E6]
     Copy OK
All tracks accurately ripped
No errors occurred
End of status report
Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 20.77 КБ / Просмотров 4 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  250.96 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  0
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1