V Stuki
VI Along Came Poppy
VII Brother
VIII Duet With Piano
IX Darkness Here
X Catos Revisited
XI The Truth
XII How Unbelievable
Bonus Disc: Heaven Sent (It Was Called Digital. It Was Heaven Sent) [Kookydisc 29/2] [27:43]
1 Bruce
2 Keir
3 Neil
4 Mike
5 Alan
6 Anthony
Код:
Disc 1
Exact Audio Copy V0.99 prebeta 5 from 4. May 2009
EAC extraction logfile from 3. May 2011, 10:32
Durutti Column / A Paean To Wilson
Used drive  : ATAPI   DVD A  DH16A6L   Adapter: 3  ID: 0
Read mode               : Secure
Utilize accurate stream : Yes
Defeat audio cache      : Yes
Make use of C2 pointers : No
Read offset correction                      : 6
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out          : No
Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
Delete leading and trailing silent blocks   : No
Null samples used in CRC calculations       : Yes
Used interface                              : Native Win32 interface for Win NT & 2000
Used output format : Internal WAV Routines
Sample format      : 44.100 Hz; 16 Bit; Stereo
TOC of the extracted CD
     Track |   Start  |  Length  | Start sector | End sector
    ---------------------------------------------------------
        1  |  0:00.00 |  0:56.65 |         0    |     4264
        2  |  0:56.65 | 10:33.60 |      4265    |    51799
        3  | 11:30.50 |  3:20.70 |     51800    |    66869
        4  | 14:51.45 |  8:07.13 |     66870    |   103407
        5  | 22:58.58 |  7:11.01 |    103408    |   135733
        6  | 30:09.59 |  4:19.66 |    135734    |   155224
        7  | 34:29.50 |  8:36.20 |    155225    |   193944
        8  | 43:05.70 |  3:16.57 |    193945    |   208701
        9  | 46:22.52 |  2:28.52 |    208702    |   219853
       10  | 48:51.29 |  8:23.65 |    219854    |   257643
       11  | 57:15.19 |  4:12.21 |    257644    |   276564
       12  | 61:27.40 | 11:40.14 |    276565    |   329078
Range status and errors
Selected range
     Filename C:\Sounds\The Durutti Column - A Paean To Wilson (2009)\disc 1\Durutti Column - A Paean To Wilson.wav
     Peak level 100.0 %
     Range quality 100.0 %
     Copy CRC 4B9EE872
     Copy OK
No errors occurred
AccurateRip summary
Track  1  accurately ripped (confidence 5)  [449B7244]
Track  2  accurately ripped (confidence 5)  [0E880EA0]
Track  3  accurately ripped (confidence 5)  [A5BF8F0F]
Track  4  accurately ripped (confidence 5)  [D07E72C8]
Track  5  accurately ripped (confidence 5)  [CE67D41E]
Track  6  accurately ripped (confidence 5)  [541FBF2A]
Track  7  accurately ripped (confidence 5)  [2521BB0E]
Track  8  accurately ripped (confidence 5)  [D006745F]
Track  9  accurately ripped (confidence 5)  [86B883F3]
Track 10  accurately ripped (confidence 5)  [7DD9B41D]
Track 11  accurately ripped (confidence 5)  [D8CDF29A]
Track 12  accurately ripped (confidence 5)  [695DEAD9]
All tracks accurately ripped
End of status report
Disc 2
Exact Audio Copy V0.99 prebeta 5 from 4. May 2009
EAC extraction logfile from 3. May 2011, 10:37
The Durutti Column / A Paean To Wilson Bonus Disc Heaven Sent (It Was Called Digital It Was Heaven Sent)
Used drive  : ATAPI   DVD A  DH16A6L   Adapter: 3  ID: 0
Read mode               : Secure
Utilize accurate stream : Yes
Defeat audio cache      : Yes
Make use of C2 pointers : No
Read offset correction                      : 6
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out          : No
Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
Delete leading and trailing silent blocks   : No
Null samples used in CRC calculations       : Yes
Used interface                              : Native Win32 interface for Win NT & 2000
Used output format : Internal WAV Routines
Sample format      : 44.100 Hz; 16 Bit; Stereo
TOC of the extracted CD
     Track |   Start  |  Length  | Start sector | End sector
    ---------------------------------------------------------
        1  |  0:00.00 |  4:54.37 |         0    |    22086
        2  |  4:54.37 |  4:21.38 |     22087    |    41699
        3  |  9:16.00 |  4:31.37 |     41700    |    62061
        4  | 13:47.37 |  5:04.38 |     62062    |    84899
        5  | 18:52.00 |  5:00.00 |     84900    |   107399
        6  | 23:52.00 |  3:51.19 |    107400    |   124743
Range status and errors
Selected range
     Filename C:\Sounds\The Durutti Column - A Paean To Wilson (2009)\disc 2\The Durutti Column - A Paean To Wilson Bonus Disc Heaven Sent (It Was Called Digital It Was Heaven Sent).wav
     Peak level 98.8 %
     Range quality 100.0 %
     Copy CRC AF9DAC91
     Copy OK
No errors occurred
AccurateRip summary
Track  1  accurately ripped (confidence 4)  [B065798F]
Track  2  accurately ripped (confidence 4)  [54B305D7]
Track  3  accurately ripped (confidence 4)  [3B0B0697]
Track  4  accurately ripped (confidence 4)  [B02ED922]
Track  5  accurately ripped (confidence 4)  [251462CA]
Track  6  accurately ripped (confidence 4)  [F034EF35]
All tracks accurately ripped
End of status report
The Durutti Column
"Alan introduced Tony to me. Tony came round to see me, never having heard me play. Alan brought Tony round three times before I finally agreed to take part and put a band together with other musicians. I insisted that I would have control and all kinds of ridiculous things, which was just silly."
Vini Reilly explains in his most recent interview (for Scream City fanzine) how The Durutti Column was born.
Alan was Alan Erasmus and Tony was Tony Wilson. In 1978 they were looking for a band their new record label, Factory Records.
The Durutti Column featuring Vini Reilly, a classically-trained pianist and virtuoso guitarist, took their name from Spanish revolutionary Buenaventura Durruti and the cartoon of Two Situationist Cowboys in the comic Le Retour De La Colonne Durutti (1966). Centred around Reilly, the then five-piece band recorded two tracks for FAC-2 A Factory Sample, the first ever music release on Factory Records. Vini, not happy with the band or the punk-styled recording, then walked out because it was "complete and total rubbish". Alan and Tony persuaded Vini to return, saying "you are The Durutti Column" and the rest is history.
To this day, The Durutti Column is still essentially Vini Reilly. But whilst he is the constant, legendary Manchester musician, nay institution, Bruce Mitchell (ex-Alberto Y Trios Lost Paranoias) has been the drummer since the seminal album LC (1981). A succession of other guests has augmented the line-up over the years, notably John Metcalfe (The Duke Quartet), Tim Kellett (Olive, Simply Red) and Keir Stewart (Durutti producer and more since 1997).
Always at the forefront of technology thanks to Factory's innovative (but sometimes misguided policies), The Durutti Column released the first cd-only popular music album with their Domo Arigato (1985) live album recorded live in Tokyo. Factory predicted "No vinyl within 5 years" but what did they know!? Later, The Guitar and Other Machines (1988) was the first ever commercially available album to be released on Digital Audio Tape. Perversely it was also promoted with a 7" flexi-disc - a relic of a bygone age. In 1995, the Factory Too album Sex and Death also appeared in interactive CD-ROM format. More recently, and keeping up their record of having appeared on every incarnation of Factory Records, their debut for Tony Wilson's all-too-shortlived F4 Records, was the digital download-only E.P. Heaven Sent (It Was Called Digital. It Was Heaven Sent) (2004). The launch of this release was celebrated with a live webcast of a gig from Shetland.
Throughout it all, musical experimentation has always been the keynote of The Durutti Column's music. Able to flit from Classical on Without Mercy (1984) to House on Obey The Time (1990) via Opera on Vini Reilly (1990), it has never been possible to pin Vin down. Famously, he did some sterling work on Morrissey's debut album Viva Hate. But, when asked to work on the follow-up, he declined because Morrissey didn't want to take it to the next level, to experiment.
The new album by The Durutti Column Sunlight To Blue... Blue To Blackness is released on 23 June 2008 on Kooky Records.
Vini Reilly is The Durutti Column. It is 2008, he still has control and does all kinds of ridiculous things.
Liner notes by Vini Reilly
A Paean to Wilson is part of a body of work which I started around the time that my friend, Tony Wilson died. Towards the end of his illness, I sent him an instrumental track and he loved it, so I decided that the right thing to do was carry on.
I was at the hospital when he died. We were very, very close. Afterwards, many things were done in his name. They were all about 'Mr Manchester', and about what Tony had done for music, art and literature. I didn't attend many of them. I'd just lost one of my closest friends and I had all the grief that you feel under such circumstances. Once I'd got my act together though, I decided to do something for myself and for Tony.
The Durutti Column was Tony Wilson's baby. We were the first act signed up to his Factory club night and the first band signed to Factory Records. Over the years we worked on many albums together and the one thing that Tony and I always argued about was that he thought that I should make music and write rather than sing.
After he died, I decided to make a body of work which did not have traditional song structures and which was concerned solely with the musical content. My only objective was to create some music that Tony would thoroughly approve of. I think I've done that and, if his spirit lives on - which I like to think that it does - I want him to know that this is for him. Vini Reilly
Доп. информация: Reviews
A beautiful and entirely fitting eulogy
Tony Wilson always wanted Vini Reilly to make music. Reilly’s The Durutti Column were Mr. Manchester’s favourite band, and the first to sign to Factory Records - which ensures that 'A Paean To Wilson' is a deeply personal collection of songs, as Reilly grieves for the loss of his close friend. Be it the delicate Spanish guitar on ‘Quatro’, the lonely trumpet on ‘Along Came Poppy’ or the poignant Marvin Gaye sample (“Brother, brother / There’s too many of us dying”) on ‘Brother’, Reilly’s exquisite instrumentation conveys both an intense sadness and a celebratory joy.
'Paean To Wilson' is a requiem for the bond of eternal friendship, and a beautiful, and entirely fitting, eulogy.
8/10, John Freeman, ClashMusic.com
Wordless homage to late Factory Records chief
Vini Reilly's Durutti Column were the first band Tony Wilson ever signed to Factory Records, back in early 1978. Their bond was such that, when Wilson was ill in hospital, Reilly sent him new instrumentals to listen to and was at his bedside when he died. This rich and contemplative record is the fruition of that, forsaking traditional song structure for nagging loops, ambient flurries of guitar notes (spilling over into Spanish flamenco on "Quatro"), highly rhythmic percussion and strobing feedback. John Metcalfe's viola, particularly, is mood-perfect. It all ends with Wilson's damning verdict on New Labour. Ever the last word.
****, Rob Hughes, UNCUT 153, Feb 2010
Instrumental tribute to late Factory Records boss
"Championed by Tony Wilson for almost 30 years and present in hospital when the former Factory boss died in 2007, this is Vini Reilly of The Durutti Column's double-CD tribute to his friend and mentor. A sprawling, instrumental affair, it's also boldly eclectic, mixing the delicate acoustic pickings of Catos Revisited with the brooding guitar noise of Requiem and the Marvin Gaye-sampling Brother and The Truth, via new age, ambient textures and beautiful piano piece Anthony [actually on the bonus CD, 2005's Heaven Sent (It Was Called Digital. It Was Heaven Sent), Ed.]. Clocking in at 100 minutes, it might have benefited from some pruning, but this still makes for a fine tribute."
***, Phil Mongredien, Q
Notes
The album went on sale initially at the sold out Beyond The Loop concert at Kings Place in London on Friday 9 October 2009 priced GBP 15.00 [cash only].
The album went on internet presale in limited quantities via the Buy It Now Button for 15.00 GBP from 1-27 November 2009. It is now on general release as of 24 January 2010 and was sold at the gig at the Lowry in Salford on the same day.
Labels: 2009, A_Paean_To_Wilson, Album, CD, Digital, Heaven_Sent, Kooky
Musicians
Vini Reilly - Guitar, Piano
Bruce Mitchell - Drums, Marimba
Keir Stewart - Bass, Keyboards, Harmonica
Poppy Morgan - Piano
John Metcalfe - Viola
Tim Kellet - Trumpet
Ruby Morgan, Kate Williamson - Vocals
Composed by Reilly, Stewart & Mitchell
String arrangements by Ian Livingstone and Keir Stewart
Performed by the Livingstone Chamber Ensemble. Recorded at Highfield Studios, Guildford, Surrey
Drums recorded at Moolah Rouge and engineered by Seadna McPhail
Produced by Keir Stewart
Executive producer Bruce Mitchell
Mixed & mastered by Keir Stewart at Inch Studio Manchester. www.inchstudio.com
Thanks to:
Howard Sharrock
Alex Poots
Simon Mellor
The Kooky Gang
Phil Cleaver
Alex McMurtrie
Thanks to the Brothers McLeod. Hats off to Colin and Norman for building the best studio in Manchester - Moolah Rouge. Colin Adshead & the amazing 5003D mic amp and being patient with Keir's gear-tweak OCD, Dave Lunt for the Quad Valve Pre and instrument care. Daniel Courville in Canada for the ambisonic plugins.
Thanks to Bruce to all his family, all my family and all Morgans everywhere. Also thanks to Michael Pitrik for hair, Laurie Laptop, Alan Erasmus, Oli Wilson and all Tony's dear ones, Les Thompson, Mark Broscombe, Phil and Emma, John 'Cerysmatic' Cooper, Mark Prendergast, Gwyn and Pip and their beautiful family, and Hugh and Amanda Williamson.
Also to the Birmingham Three and all our supporters around the world! Special thanks to Bruce Mitchell for keeping me alive and Poppy Morgan for keeping me happy. Vini
Cover photograph by Stephen Wright
Other photographs by Ben Kelly, Dave John Norton, Poppy Morgan
Designed by Trevor Johnson & Haider Muhdi
5 024545 570328
Manufactured in the United Kingdom
P & © Imagen Music 2009
All rights reserved. Kookydisc 29/1 & 29/2
www.thedurutticolumn.com
www.kookydisc.co.uk
Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 13.36 КБ / Просмотров 6 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  614.87 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  0
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1