05.Perfect World Interlude
06.In A Perfect World
07.Held Hostage
08.Lay Your Body Down
09.I Can't Make You Love Me
10.Amazing Grace
11.Healing Within (Blue in Green) Acoustic
12.Where'd It Go
Lori Williams is the lead vocalist of the Washington-based jazz ensemble - Lori Williams & Friends - and featured vocalist on The Saltman Knowles Group, The Blackbyrds, Allyn Johnson and Divine Order, Sherry Winston and Collaboration CDs. She graduated from Hampton University where she received a Bachelor of Arts degree. Lori is the proud mother of two talented and gifted children, Lauren Vanessa and Yusef Khalil. Lori was the former Director of Programs for the Best Friends Foundation. She has taught Music in Washington, DC Public Schools since 1995. Currently, Lori is the Director of Vocal Music and former Music Department Chairperson at Wilson Senior High School. She has an extensive background in the performing arts. She has directed several choirs including the National Diamond Girls Jazz Choir (performing for the Inauguration Ceremony for President George Bush); the Sagamihara Christian Fellowship Gospel Choir in Sagamihara, Japan; the Fort Foote Baptist Church Gospel Choir in Fort Washington, Maryland; Carmody Hills Baptist Church Children's Choir in Capitol Heights, Maryland; and the Bethlehem Baptist Church Gospel Choir in Washington, DC.
Lori has performed with many nationally-known recording artists such as Oleta Adams, Yolanda Adams, David Archuleta, Regina Belle, Eric Benet, Keter Betts, The Blackbyrds, Norman Brown, Tom Browne, Peabo Bryson, Jerry Butler, T.C. Carson, Gene Chandler, Stanley Clarke, Will Downing, George Duke, David Dyson, James Genus, Savion Glover, Slide Hampton, Walter Hawkins, Nathan Heathman, William Hubbard, Al Johnson (The Unifics), Allyn Johnson and Divine Order, Kindred The Family Soul, Ben E. King, Debbie Kirkland, Ledisi, Marion Meadows, Maysa, Julia Nixon, Phil Perry, Lloyd Price, Ellie Saitoh and The Love Tambourines, Saltman Knowles Group, Sylver Logan Sharp (Chic), The Sherelles, Gary Taylor, Tony Terry, Bobby Vee and The Vees, Andre Ward, Kim Waters, Allyson Williams, Vanessa R. Williams, Vesta Williams, and Sherry Winston. She also has done extensive studio recording and commercial work in the Metropolitan area and Japan.
Lori Williams performed in Arts United of Washington's live jazz theatrical and dance presentations of "Meet Me at the Cafe" and "The Scenic Route" at the Joy of Motion Dance Center – Jack Guidone Theatre in Washington, DC. She also showcased her singing, acting and dancing ability in director Thomas Jones' production of "The All Night Strut", "Cool Papa’s Party" (choreographed by Maurice Hines), and "Ladies Swing The Blues: A Jazz Fable" at MetroStage Theatre in Alexandria, Virginia. She co-starred in "Isn’t It Romantic" (written and directed by David Hunter Koch) with Jimi Ray Malary at MetroStage as well. Additionally, Lori played the role of Mary in "Bending Towards the Light – A Jazz Nativity" at Patriot's Theater at the War Memorial in Trenton, New Jersey. The production was written and conducted by Anne Phillips and produced by Bob Kindred.
Lori A. Williams is a lot more than just a singer, songwriter, and performer. If you were to judge her on these things alone, you would have to conclude you where dealing with one of the finest artists of our era, an eventual legend and, I have no doubt, time will prove me right. I think music aficionados who listen to this project will agree that these tracks step her toward this destiny. Let me add a little fuel to this fire. Lori's lead vocal recording is all original - no vocal overdubs, no re-tracking, and almost no vocal fixes (come
on... no one is perfect). When we recorded the material, I had her record "scratch vocals" with the intent of throwing them out and recording the REAL lead vocals later (as is customary). Well, that's NOT what happened... you are listening to the unaltered scratch vocal. Now I don't mean to insult anyone's intelligence; but everything we listen to these days has been altered, fixed, produced, tracked, squeezed, tuned and composited TO DEATH!! NOT this recording. This is the real deal; and that makes this recording astounding because even if all the usual stuff was done, it would be a great CD. The honesty of this recording moves it into the amazing column. Not only is the lead vocal honest, but so is the rest
of the recording. In fact, it's only a hair away from being totally live. Many songs are the first take.
Now remember, I said that Lori is more than a singer, songwriter, and performer, because as we approached the end of the project, I started to realize her tremendous gift as a producer. Lori's lack of ego, and a willingness to recognize other peoples' abilities, and trust in both herself and those she works with, is a gift rarely seen. Not only does she have a voice and performance talent similar to a Judy Garland, but if she keeps producing recordings, she might also be compared to Quincy Jones. I could go on and on particularly concerning Lori's production capabilities, but lets just say that she is completely unaware of her ability... Like a duck to water, effortless and commanding. These traits show up in the product.
After saying all this, I think the music says it better than I can; but the listeners need to know the circumstances behind this recording. It makes it all the more awesome.
Brad Baerwald, Studio 51
Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 20.46 КБ / Просмотров 6 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  123.54 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  1
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1