Аудиокодек: MP3
Тип рипа: tracks
Битрейт аудио: 320 kbps
Продолжительность: 01:22:03
Наличие сканов в содержимом раздачи: нет

01. Honeysuckle Rose (3:11)
02. That Old Feeling (4:50)
03. It Ain't Right (3:46)
04. On The Sunny Side Of The Street (4:03)
05. I Found A New Baby (4:13)
06. All Of Me (3:41)
07. Avalon (3:26)
08. Lullaby Of The Leaves (4:18)
09. Me Myself And I (3:38)
10. St James' Infirmary (6:11)
11. Hummin' To Myself (4:09)
12. Jubilee (2:30)
13. Topsy (4:17)
14. I'll See You In My Dreams (4:06)
15. The Old Man Of The Mountain (3:40)
16. How High The Moon (4:12)
17. You're A Heavenly Thing (3:15)
18. Premier Bal (2:49)
19. Tu Djaial (4:28)
20. Palm Springs Jump (2:51)
21. Puttin' On The Ritz (4:19)

Man Overboard play swing tunes from the 20’s and 30’s with great skill and unusual verve.
Leading this stunning band are violinist, Thomas Gould and star of London swing, clarinetist Ewan Bleach. This great partnership is complemented by the unique voice of Louisa Jones and a hot rhythm section with Jean-Marie Fagon on guitar and Dave O’Brien on the double bass.
Man Overboard add their own stamp to a repertoire of tunes made famous by the likes of Billie Holiday, Django Reinhardt, the Mills Brothers, Duke Ellington and Fats Waller. The chemistry between these superb musicians and their audience makes every Man Overboard performance a magical occasion.
Man Overboard’s performances at venues such as Le QuecumBar and The Vortex have earned them rave reviews and a fast-growing fan base. Man Overboard were featured in BBC3's "Being Human" (5th series, 6th episode), and BBC Radio 3′s In Tune.
Swing. But which swing? According to London-based quintet Man Overboard, debut album All Hands On Deck is full of "Hot Vintage Swing." According to Duke Ellington, it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing. Which begs the crucial question, does Man Overboard have that swing?
Man Overboard (not to be confused with the American pop punk band of the same name) formed in January 2011. It's the brainchild of guitarist Jean Marie Fagon, who moved from Paris to the UK in 1980. Violinist Thomas Gould is classically trained—a heritage that's readily apparent on his intro to "I Found A New Baby." Clarinetist Ewan Bleach and singer Louisa Jones have worked together in a range of outfits from the folkier end of the spectrum including Whiskey Moon Face.
Jones' voice is a wonderous thing. At once plaintive and hard-edged it's a distinctive and engaging sound—Billie Holiday meets Betty Boop? Fagon is happy with the role of rhythm guitarist, for which thanks should be given long and loud. His swinging, bright, chords are at the heart of Man Overboard, keeping the beat and driving the tempos. Bassist Dave O'Brien grabs the chance to create some fluid, melodic lines, secure in the knowledge that Fagon has things covered.
Bob Rothberg and Joseph Mayer's "It Ain't Right," made famous by Stuff Smith, is perhaps the finest example of the Man Overboard sound. It gets its groove from Fagon and O'Brien, Bleach and Gould add two fiercely swinging solos and trade four bar phrases with relish (apparently the clarinetist and violinist were getting extremely competitive during the recording of this track). Jones delivers the lyric with a breathless fervour: so eager to pour out her feelings that she seems to nstart one word before finishing the previous one—Sebastian Scotney of LondonJazz describes it in his sleeve notes as "Northumberland glottal stop." Whatever it is that's being done may not be right but it seems to be doing the trick.
Things calm down for instrumental versions of "On The Sunny Side Of The Street" and "How High The Moon," the band's relaxed approach to both of these classics suggestive of lazy, gin-soaked afternoon parties.
"Lullaby Of The Leaves" and "I'll See You In My Dreams" showcase the band's more romantic side. "St James Infirmary"—let's face it, not the world's greatest party tune—is as downbeat and gloomy as it should be, Bleach's clarinet and the instrumentalists' backing vocals adding to the despair Jones so readily transmits. Even in the midst of this despair the sheer quality of the performances is uplifting.
All Hands On Deck is 18 tracks of pure joy. Hopefully Ellington is sitting somewhere with his own copy, tapping his foot, smiling and thinking "Ah, yes. It's got that swing." ~Bruce Lindsay
Louisa Jones: vocals; Thomas Gould: violin, whistling (6), backing vocals; Ewan Bleach: clarinet, vocals (7), backing vocals; Jean-Marie Fagon: guitar, backing vocals; Dave O'Brien: double bass, backing vocals.

Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 16.88 КБ / Просмотров 6 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  193.37 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  0
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1