Год издания: 2014
Аудиокодек: MP3
Тип рипа: tracks
Битрейт аудио: 320 kbps
Продолжительность: 00:52:49
Наличие сканов в содержимом раздачи: нет

01. Power Flower (7:01)
02. As (5:47)
03. The Secret Life Of Plants (Duet With Will Lee) (6:18)
04. Free (5:03)
05. They Won't Go When I Go (4:55)
06. Bird Of Beauty (4:01)
07. Visions (6:06)
08. Ngiculela (Es Una Historia) I Am Singing) (5:34)
09. Can You See Her Never Dreamed You'd Leave In Summer (5:59)
10. Free (Remix Edit) (1:08)
11. Outtake (0:52)

Stevie Wonder is a living legend of music. His music is known and loved worldwide and he has performed it flawlessly to a level that sets the bar very high. That said, taking on the task of doing an album performing his work, is a challenge of gigantic proportions! Vocalist Camille has really stepped up to the plate to engage this incredible project.
Such an endeavor requires an extraordinary team to make it all happen. This album was co-produced by Rick Suchow (who also brought his arranging and bass playing skills to the table) and Tommy Uzzo. There is a stellar lineup of supporting musicians including bassist Will Lee, who both holds down the bass line and sings the duet in, “Secret Life Of Plants”.
Camille has serious vocal skills and a wealth of experience that makes her the perfect performer to attempt this musical ‘Mount Everest’. Her selections of songs are perfectly fitted to her soulful vocal quality and range. Some of the tracks are Stevie’s lesser-known pieces, and this makes discovering them in Camille’s own special interpretation, all the more exciting.
Lets take a closer look at some of the tracks…
The opening track, “Power Flower” comes out swinging with a total Stevie-feel, including piano and harmonica riffs. I get the feeling that this one is for Stevie himself and we are fortunate to be here to hear it. The arrangement is tight and full and allows us to get an idea of what is in store on the rest of the CD. Solid bass work drives this piece right home!
“As” is an energized, ‘Latinized’ version of Stevie’s 1976 release from, Songs in the Key of Life. You can only have this kind of driving Latin music with a powerful drum foundation, and it is Horacio “El Negro” Hernandez who is the nuclear reactor propelling this piece. This track is right up my alley with a great salsa beat that will get you right up on your feet to dance along. Lots of sweet syncopated percussion, horn riffs and piano work are complimented by a deep bass growl. The background vocals in Spanish are a nice touch to put a fine polish on this tune.
“The Secret Life of Plants” (by the 1979 album of the same title), is a majestic piece of work. The key changes alone are iconic of Stevie’s intrinsic grasp and understanding of music. This track paints a complex musical picture for the listener that transports you to a beautiful, green living place. The dramatic bass work and vocal support that Will Lee brings to this piece is simply perfect.
“They Won’t Go When I Go” is a dramatic, somber piece that gives us a chance to appreciate Camille’s voice with a lone piano. This track is the combination of a classical sounding piece, blended with a gospel-vocal overlay and deep, dark lyrics. (Note: The inspiration for this song is said to have come as a consequence of Stevie’s 1973 car accident.)
“Bird of Beauty” is a lovely Brazilian piece that Stevie released in 1974, with Portuguese lyrics by Sergio Mendez. Camille’s version is more upbeat and has some excellent guitar work that adorns it. The feel is bright and festive and the arrangement is superb.
“Visions” is from the 1973 album, Innervisions. Camille’s vocal performance on this cut is flawless and is the perfect opportunity for Rick to cut loose with a sweet bass solo. Nicely done man!
All in all, Camille does an outstanding job at ‘Singing Stevie’ and delivers a wonderful rendition with her selected songs from this master of music.
If you enjoy Stevie Wonder, you need to hear this CD, as it is definitely a special treat!
I Sing Stevie: The Stevie Wonder Songbook is the new album by vocalist and studio veteran Camille, a recording that dedicates and celebrates her love and gratitude for a man who is one of the greatest artists of his generation. Backed by a stellar lineup of musicians, Camille dives deep into Stevie's catalog and delivers inspired vocal performances over dramatic musical arrangements that will surprise listeners.
"To me, Stevie represents what music is, what honesty is," says Camille. "Recording this album was beyond gratifying." In her personal liner notes for the CD, she writes to Stevie: "Stevland Morris!! Beautiful, blessed, gift sent from God above."
Musically, the album crosses multiple musical genres, from Latin Jazz to R&B ballads to flamenco-flavored grooves and more. The early reviews have been exceptional; drummer Peter Erskine (Weather Report, Steely Dan) remarked "Bravo! Love the version of 'As'... wonderful!". Renowned keyboardist Mitch Forman, who played on half of I Sing Stevie, commented on the album "I'm really impressed. Camille sounds great, a fantastic job."
Crossing genres is nothing new for Camille; her early work as featured vocalist for Grammy-winning Brazilian producer Deodato landed her on the Billboard charts twice. She followed that success with extensive dance club appearances and a long list of sessions for numerous recording artists. Her innovative jazz scat on K7's hip-hop tune "Come Baby Come" helped to land it in Billboard’s Top 20, and the song went on to be re-released on more than 30 compilation albums, earning Camille several gold records in the process.
"Camille’s a rare commodity in that her live performances are even more impressive than her respected recordings are," wrote Dance Music Authority Magazine. "Distinctively perfect pipes."
Legendary sax great Michael Brecker called Camille "a wonderful singer with her own sound" after hearing her solo album of jazz standards entitled Camille Filfiley.
With I Sing Stevie, Camille takes that sound to the songs of Stevie Wonder, where she opts to record some of his lesser known gems rather than the more obvious hits. Her supporting band members on the album have lent their talents to some of the most iconic artists of the music world, including Bruce Springsteen, Marc Anthony, Wayne Shorter, Allman Brothers, Santana, Paul McCartney, Dizzy Gillespie, James Taylor, Paul Simon, and countless more.
Bassist Will Lee (from The Late Show with David Letterman) not only contributes his bass playing to I Sing Stevie but also sings a duet with Camille on "The Secret Life Of Plants", from the Stevie album of the same name (and the one that is most dear to Camille’s heart). "When I heard that "Secret Life" was one of Will’s favorites too, I knew I wanted him to be a part of this album," Camille explains. "I love our voices together."
I Sing Stevie: The Stevie Wonder Songbook is set for release October 7, 2014 on Camille‘s newly launched label Camilleon Records.
Will Lee, Mitchel Forman, Horacio "El Negro" Hernandez, Bobby Franceschini, Marc Quiñones and others

Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 20.66 КБ / Просмотров 9 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  122.36 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  1
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1