Год издания: 2012
Аудиокодек: MP3
Тип рипа: tracks
Битрейт аудио: 320 kbps
Продолжительность: 00:56:10
Наличие сканов в содержимом раздачи: нет

01. Send For Me (Feat. Ben Williams)
02. Day By Day (Feat. Martin Wind)
03. Blame It On My Youth (Feat. Fred Haas & Bill Mays)
04. So Long, You Fool (Feat. Ben Williams & Matt Wilson)
05. Dindi (Feat. Marvin Stamm)
06. Just One Of Those Things (Feat. Bil Mays)
07. I Fall In Love Too Easily (Feat. Fred Haas)
08. What A Difference A Day Made (Feat. Matt Wilson)
09. Deed I Do (Feat. Martin Wind)
10. Aretha (Feat. Fred Haas)
11. How Hgh The Moon - Ornithology (Feat. Martin Wind & Matt Wilson)
12. Someone To Watch Over Me (Feat. Bill Mays)
13. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter (Feat. Sheila Jordan)

At eighteen, Chloe Brisson is a talented and energetic emerging Jazz vocalist who has thrilled audiences with her gift of song and savvy stage presence. Her new CD, entitled "BLAME IT ON MY YOUTH" was released in Jan. 2012 to much acclaim and places her as a jazz talent that is here to stay! The August studio session, at Manfred Knoop Recording Studio, brought in friends and heavy hitters such as Bill Mays, Martin Wind, Marvin Stamm, Matt Wilson, Fred Haas and Ben Williams. The CD also includes a guest vocal duet with Jazz Master Sheila Jordan! As we move into 2013, it is apparent that this will be a very busy year for the high school senior. During the past three years, Chloe has studied at Dartmouth College where she attends classes, studies jazz theory and piano, and performs extensively with the nationally acclaimed Dartmouth College Gospel Choir. Chloe's devotion to the roots of jazz and her drive to continue the genre forward, make her a special asset to the jazz community. Chloe has attended Interplay Jazz Camp each summer and has worked with Sheila Jordan, Dianne Reeves, Karrin Allyson and Dena DeRose. She also attended the five week summer program at Berklee College of Music. Her Debut CD entitled "RED DOOR SESSIONS" was recorded in December of 2007 at the age of 13.
Chloe has a natural gift for expressing emotion through music and has developed the ability to free flow with musicians of many talents. She truly embraces the art of Jazz where the connection with the band and the audience are palatable in her performances. Chloe has performed for packed audiences throughout the NH and VT region, including First Night Burlington and the Burlington Waterfront Festival. She also has donated many evenings of wonderful jazz entertainment to local charities and fundraisers. Chloe has recently been selected as a winner for YoungArts and has been selected as a member of the acclaimed GRAMMY Camp- Jazz Session, where she will perform in Los Angeles at various events surrounding and at the GRAMMYS. Chloe will travel to Yaroslavl, Russia in March and spend a week performing at the "Jazz Over The Volga" Jazz festival!
Chloe Brisson, a young, prodigiously talented singer in the early stages of a presumably long and fruitful career, had the good fortune to record in exactly the right circumstances. Saxophonist Fred Haas, Brisson's teacher and mentor, wrote arrangements for thirteen tracks that are tailor-made for her voice and interpretative skills. Nonetheless, Blame It On My Youth is much more than a singer's showcase. Throughout most of the record, the vocals, arrangements, and instrumental solos are of equal importance. Haas extracts the essence of tunes from the Great American Songbook, finds imaginative ways to honor Brisson's voice, and wisely utilizes the talents of an exceptional band.
His catchy, fully composed chorus for three horns immediately follows Brisson's "Day By Day" vocal. On the opening of the same track, as well as at the onset of "Deed I Do," while the rest of the band lays out, bassist Martin Wind and drummer Matt Wilson are employed as foils for the playful movement of Brisson's voice. A lush introduction to "I Fall In Love Too Easily," scored for Wind, Haas' tenor, trumpeter Marvin Stamm and trombonist Ben Williams, swells to a sweet climax as the singer enters.
Possessing ample vocal technique and evincing wisdom well beyond her seventeen years, Brisson knows how to deliver lyrics cleanly and economically. She sings expressively at low dynamic levels, and even on the up=tempo burner "Just One Of Those Things," her diction is crystal clear. Utilizing strategies ranging from clipped phrasing to drawing out individual syllables, Brisson always gets to the heart of a song and conveys basic human emotions without resorting to excess of any kind. The disc's ballads—"Blame It On My Youth," "I Fall In Love Too Easily," and "Someone To Watch Over Me"—are stunning displays of storytelling, in which innocence and world weariness never sound mannered or contrived.
The record's soloists, particularly Haas and Stamm, have stories of their own to tell. In just a few bars, Haas' gauzy sounding tenor evokes a profound sense of loneliness and isolation immediately before Brisson enters on "Blame It On My Youth." Beginning as if from a distance and then gradually coming into clearer focus, his single chorus during "Day By Day" is simultaneously tasteful, firm, understated, and swinging. Stamm's thirty-two bar "What A Difference A Day Made" solo is a model of patient, logical development wrapped in a clear, full-bodied tone. A brief flurry of notes at the end of the sixteenth bar serves as a catalyst for a series of edgy, rapid fire lines that gradually come down to earth.
Blame It On My Youth is one of those rare recordings that pulls at the heart strings and engages the mind. It's a good bet that Brisson will someday be the centerpiece of another great record. Meanwhile, sit back and enjoy this accomplished, deeply moving piece of work.
Chloe Brisson: vocal; Fred Haas: saxophone; Bill Mays: piano; Marvin Stamm: trumpet; Ben Williams: trombone; Matt Wilson: drums; Martin Wind: bass; Sheila Jordan: vocal (13).

Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 11.74 КБ / Просмотров 4 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  130.64 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  0
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1