05. I Gotta Right To Sing The Blues
06. All I Ask Of You
07. Jellicle Cat
08. Bring Him Home
09. Dog In The Quicksand
10. Don't Cry For Me Argentina
11. I Dreamed A Dream
12. In A Sentimental Mood
Although born and raised in Brooklyn, Ranee Lee has lived in Montreal for most of her adult life, and she is best-known for her fine recordings for the Canadian Justin Time label. Lee performed as a singer while in high school, toured the U.S. with a local group, and, after she moved to Canada, she starred in the play Lady Day at Emerson's Bar and Grill. The influences of Billie Holiday and Dinah Washington can be felt at times in her singing, but Ranee Lee also has her own sound. A measure of her talent is that Milt Hinton and Oliver Jones performed on her first recording (Deep Song) and Red Mitchell was a major factor on her second (Jazz on Broadway).
Ranee Lee has always been a dramatic jazz singer and on this CD she has the opportunity to sing both jazz and Broadway show tunes. The repertoire alternates between vintage songs and more recent Broadway tunes. Most jazz-oriented are "I Gotta Right to Sing the Blues," a high point that features Lee backed by just pianist Red Mitchell, and a duet with guitarist Richard Ring on "In a Sentimental Mood." Some of the other songs are not destined for long life such as "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" although it is nice to hear "I'm Flying" (from Peter Pan) being revived. Lee gives every tune her all and the musicians are excellent although the material does vary. This set nevertheless displays Lee's warm voice and versatility.
-Scott Yanow
Muhammad Abdul Al-Khabyyr - Trombone
Richard Beaudet - Saxophone, Trumpet
Dennis Christianson - Flugelhorn, Trumpet
Ron DiLauro - Trumpet
Jim Hillman - Drums
Ranee Lee - Vocals
Andy Milne - Piano
Red Mitchell - Bass, Piano
John Nugent - Saxophone
Richard Ring - Guitar
Roger Walls - Trumpet
Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 12.6 КБ / Просмотров 5 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  144.19 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  0
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1