Статистика раздачи
Размер: 134.9 МБ | | Скачали: 0
Сидеров: 6  [0 байт/сек]    Личеров: 2  [0 байт/сек]
Пред. тема | След. тема 

Автор
Ответить с цитатой 

Helen Carr - Down In The Depths On The 90th Floor (1955) / Why Do I Love You (1955)

Жанр: Vocal Jazz
Год издания: 1955
Аудиокодек: MP3
Тип рипа: tracks
Битрейт аудио: 320 kbps
Продолжительность: 56:41
Наличие сканов в содержимом раздачи: частично 

Продолжительность: 25:04
Треклист:
01. Not Mine (3:01)
02. I Don't Want To Cry Anymore (5:15)
03. Tulip Or Turnip (2:24)
04. Memory Of The Rain (2:48)
05. Down In The Depths Of The 90th Floor (3:11)
06. You're Driving Me Crazy (2:58)
07. I'm Glad There Is You (3:01)
08. Moments Like This (2:27)
Personnel:
Helen Carr - vocals
Charlie Mariano - alto sax
Don Fagerquist - trumpet
Donn Trenner - piano
Max Bennett - bass
Stan Levy - drums
Rec.: Los Angeles, CA, January 5, 1955.
Remastered in 2013.

An overlooked vocalist inspired by Billie Holiday, Helen Carr never had time to make her mark on the history of jazz music during her short-lived career. Before her death at the age of 38 she only recorded two albums. Down In The Depths from 1955 sees Carr backed up by an all-star quintet including Charlie Mariano on alto saxophone, Stan Levey on drums, and Carr's husband, pianist Donn Trenner on piano.
One of the darkest vocal jazz albums of the 50s - packaged with a great title and cover image that features a lone lit window in a New York skyscraper! Helen has incredible backing on the record - a small combo that includes Charlie Mariano on alto sax, Don Fagerquist on trumpet, and Donn Trenner on piano - all gently sliding in behind Carr's blue vocals in a way that's similar to some of the Chris Connor work on Bethlehem from the same time. Titles include a near-perfect reading of 'Down In The Depths On The 90th Floor', plus 'Not Mine', 'Tulip Or Turnip', 'Moments Like This', 'I'm Glad There Is You', and 'Memory Of The Rain'.
#777Продолжительность: 31:37
Треклист:
01. Be Careful, It's My Heart (1:56)
02. My Kind Of Trouble Is You (3:54)
03. Lonely Street (2:21)
04. Symphony (2:23)
05. You're Getting To Be A Habit With Me (3:32)
06. Bye Bye Baby (2:30)
07. Then You've Never Been Blue (2:20)
08. Summer Night (1:59)
09. Got A Date With An Angel (3:42)
10. Why Do I Love You? (2:33)
11. Do I Worry? (2:26)
12. I've Got A Feelin' You're Foolin' (2:02)
Personnel:
Helen Carr - vocals
Cappy Lewis - trumpet
Howard Roberts - guitar
Red Mitchell - acoustic bass
Rec.: Los Angeles, CA, November 11, 1955.
Remastered in 2014.

Helen Carr only recorded two albums during her short-lived career; both were acclaimed and influential. This 1955 session was the second and last album from Carr who died in a car crash when she was only 36. Why Do I Love You was recorded with no piano or drums, featuring studio musicians Cappy Lewis on trumpet, guitarist Howard Roberts and bassist Red Mitchell.
The title Why Do I Love You speaks volumes about the emotional context of Helen Carr's approach – equal parts heartbreak, frustration, and resignation, her tough but tender vocals capture the dark side of romance at its most affecting. This Bethlehem session features backing from the likes of Red Mitchell, Howard Roberts, and Cappy Lewis, and their nuanced contributions further underscore the intimacy of Carr's performance. The song selection is also excellent, forgoing overworked standards in favor of more apropos material like "Lonely Street," "My Kind of Trouble Is You," and "Then You've Never Been Blue."
Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 13.49 КБ / Просмотров 4 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  134.9 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  0
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1