05. What's Your Story Morning Glory
06. Don't Fence Me In
07. Them There Eyes
08. Moments Like This
09. Red Wagon
10. Green Dolphin Street
11. Always Searching for My Baby
12. I Wanna Be Loved
Korb earned her Music Edu­ca­tion degree at East­ern Mon­tana Col­lege and her mas­ters in Clas­si­cal Bass Per­for­mance the Uni­ver­sity of Cal­i­for­nia, San Diego. It was while she was a stu­dent at UCSD that her pro­fes­sor, Bertram Turet­zky inspired her to sing and play bass at the same time. She also stud­ied with Ray Brown, with whom she made her record­ing debut, Intro­duc­ing Kristin Korb with the Ray Brown Trio released in 1996.
She has taught at the Uni­ver­sity of South­ern Cal­i­for­nia where she was coor­di­na­tor of vocal jazz stud­ies, Azuza Pacific Uni­ver­sity, Gross­mont Com­mu­nity Col­lege and was Direc­tor of Jazz Stud­ies at Cen­tral Wash­ing­ton Uni­ver­sity. Korb is still very involved in edu­ca­tional out­reach and teaches at uni­ver­si­ties, jazz camps and fes­ti­vals with young students.
As President-Elect of the Inter­na­tional Soci­ety of Bassists, Korb is artis­tic direc­tor for the upcom­ing 2013 ISB Con­ven­tion in Rochester, NY (East­man School of Music).
Kristin tours across the world and has per­formed with jazz artists such as Llew Matthews, Kim Rich­mond, Pete Christlieb, Jeff Hamil­ton, Alex Riel and Jan Lundgren.
She now lives in Den­mark with her Dan­ish husband.
Jazz bassist/vocalist Kristin Korb has released What’s Your Story?, a retrospective album that answers the same question it presents. Korb revisits twelve songs of personal significance with the aid of drummer Jeff Hamilton and guitarist Bruce Forman, creating a stellar trio that build organic and thoughtful grooves.
Each of the tracks offers a fresh take on time-tested tunes, while “Always Searching for My Baby” brings things up to date with a contemporary composition by Amber Navran. Bass players will take note of Korb’s mesmerizing solo bass and voice arrangement of “Green Dolphin Street.” With intricate syncopations in the bass and vocal parts, one might think the bassist has two brains. Her version of the song and its place on the record was inspired by fellow West Coast bassist John Clayton.
“John has been a mentor of mine for many years. He has opened doors for me… probably more than I even know,” Korb shares. “He is a consummate educator, composer, arranger, and encourager of young talent. He gave me an assignment years ago to transcribe Oscar Peterson’s solo on this song. I didn’t think so much about it at the time, but the seed was certainly planted.”~Kevin Johnson
Kristin Korb - Bass / Vocals
Bruce Forman - Guitar
Jeff Hamilton - Drums
Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 20.36 КБ / Просмотров 6 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  120.57 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  0
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1