06. A Man In Manhattan
07. This City Is Mine
08. I'll Lead The Way
09. I'll Remember Paris
10. Tokyo Too
11. Carnival
12. Is It Jazz
13. Curiosity
#777Singing has been my life-long passion. Through music I've had many emotional and eye opening experiences. This page is dedicated to some really great memories and pictures from my scrapbook.
SAN FRANCISCO: Fisherman's Wharf and Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco are famous for their buskers and I am proud to have been one of them. Carlos Santana and Robin Williams started out as street performers there too. As tough as it can be singing on a damp and windy night, between the DJs and the piped in music there aren't enough gigs to go around. Busking was a great way to earn a few dollars and get some valuable experience.
ASIA: I had the opportunity to gig for extended periods in Asia. I spent a year working in Bangkok, Hong Kong and Tokyo. I loved performing six nights a week, experiencing new places and meeting the locals and travelers. Staying in 5 star hotels wasn't so bad either. Would you believe that Kiefer Sutherland hit on me in an elevator full of people in Tokyo... he was there to promote his show, 24, to do some filming and flirting!
BACK IN THE USA: I've played some nice jazz clubs at home too: Blue Note NYC, Yoshi's SF & Yoshi's Oakland, Rrazz Room SF, the Dakota in Minneapolis, Catalina's, etc. I've played with big bands, quintets, quartets, trios and my Duo. It's been a blast! Every situation is different and you learn to adapt on the fly.
LOS ANGELES: L.A. is home to some of the world's top musicians and I've been fortunate to work with many of them at clubs like the Catalina, Vibrato, Vitello's and Charlie O's. Being amongst such a talented group has helped to bring out the best in me. Over the past few years I have begun working more frequently in a duo setting with my guitarist/husband Jerry. We travel light and can try out a variety of material. We get back home to San Francisco often and hopefully we'll be in your town too...
Singer Sony Holland has created some buzz around Nashville. Her debut CD with the Dennis Burnside Trio aims to spread to word beyond Tennessee. Holland has a warm, appealing voice. While her style has been likened to Diana Krall, Holland’s voice is higher and is buoyed by a good dose of cabaret showmanship. On one song, "Is It Cabaret," she even pokes a little fun at her repertoire. "So is it jazz or cabaret? I don’t know," she sings.
The CD, "I’ll Remember Paris," is made up of 13 songs written by Holland’s husband, Jerry Holland. The music is said to be inspired by the energetic streets of Paris and New York. A pair of New York numbers highlight the album. "A Man in Manhattan" is a swinging affair, one woman’s odyssey of looking for Mr. Right. It’s followed by "This City is Mine," a soaring, cinematic love song to New York.
Dennis Burnside is on piano; Dave Pomeroy, bass; Mickey Grimm, drums. Jim Hoke plays flute, sax and harp. The CD, however, is Holland’s show. She handles the mix of ballads and up tempo numbers with grace. Listeners can practically see her smiling through their speakers. If you are looking for something off the beaten path, consider "I’ll Remember Paris."
Доп. информация: http://www.sonyholland.com/
Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 17.41 КБ / Просмотров 7 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  103.95 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  1
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1