05. East of the Sun
06. Stairway to the Stars
07. Thou Swell
08. The Nearness of You
09. They Can't Take That Away
10. If I Knew Then
11. Corcovado

TONI LINCOLN
When vocalist Toni Lincoln was 5 years old, she liked to dress up in her grandmother’s vintage dresses and sing to her dolls which she neatly arranged on her bed as an audience for her impromptu concerts. Little did she know that it would be more than 5 decades later that she would do her first real live singing appearance at a little subterranean Portland jazz club.
In the audience that night at the Blue Monk was drummer Ron Steen who has been a catalyst and mentor for many major music careers for Northwest artists.
Ron signed Toni up for several gigs in the Portland area and a singing career was born that night. Influenced by such greats as Nancy Wilson, Dionne Warwick, and Sarah Vaughan. Toni has wowed audiences with her command of the Great American Songbook and her joyful sweet synthesis of the styles of those above mentioned masterful mentors. And what she adds to the mix is her very own matchless sense of style and beauty.
Toni credits her mother and her sister (Aaliyah) for encouragement and guidance in the development of her artistry. And it is certain that the genetic bestowal of her father, “Sweet Baby” James Benton, himself a great jazz singer, has made a big contribution to her sheer musicality. As is evidenced in her debut, eponymously titled CD, Toni shows her skills in delivering on poignant ballads like “That’s All” and “Stairway to the Stars” while swinging her heart out on an up-tempo barn-burner like “What a Little Moonlight Can Do.”
It has been my great pleasure to have worked with Toni for the last few years and is my sincere belief that hers is a career that will gather legions of dedicated followers.
- Tom Grant
“I love her singing. Playing with her is like playing for a young Sarah Vaughan.”
- Ron Steen, drummer and host of Ron Steen Jam Nation.
“Toni has one of the prettiest voices I have ever heard. I could listen to her all day long.”
- Phil Baker, bassist with Pink Martini, Diana Ross, and many others.
“Ms. Lincoln is one of the finest jazz stylists I’ve heard in a long time. Toni brings a combination of vocal expertise and emotional understanding of the music to each song she sings.”
- Thomas Smith, director Portland Jazz Festival
“Using a classic voice with character and depth, Toni Lincoln delivers the familiar lyrics of American Songbook material with such nuance and conviction they sound like new stories.”
- Lynn Darroch, KMHD Jazz Radio Portland OR
Toni Lincoln’s new self-titled CD is testament to her love of the Great American Songbook and her exceptional skill in bringing emotional honesty and her own special sweetness to the genre.
The influences of great singers such as Sarah Vaughan, Billie Holiday, and Ella Fitzgerald are apparent on this disc that finds Toni shifting easily from tender ballads like That’s All and Stairway to the Stars, to hellacious barn-burners like Thou Swell and What A Little Moonlight Can Do. The two above-mentioned ballads feature beautiful string arrangements by Glenn Holstrom.
Toni’s tender earnestness comes through on mid tempo favorites like Come Rain or Come Shine and Gershwin’s classic, They Can’t Take That Away From Me which she renders as a vocal duet with the CD’s producer and pianist, Tom Grant. Rounding out this hard swinging rhythm section is Ron Steen on drums and David Captein on bass.
On Brooks Bowman’s East of the Sun, Toni gives the song her own special Brazilian-flavored reading of this haunting melody. On the opening song, I Thought About You, Ms. Lincoln shows that she can swing with the best of them.
On this, her first ever CD, she proves over and over again her consummate ability to get to the emotional core of the music she so obviously loves.
Tom Grant (piano & vocals), Ron Steen (drums), Paul Mazzio (trumpet), Dave Captein (bass), Ron Blessinger (violin), Ann Medellin (violin), Charles Noble (viola), Heather Blackburn (cello)

Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 16.3 КБ / Просмотров 7 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  96.58 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  2
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1