07. I Love Being Here With You
08. I Remember You
09. In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning
10. So Danco Samba
11. So Nice (Summer Samba)
12. That Ole' Devil Called Love
13. What Is This Thing Called Love
14. You Go To My Head
It comes as no surprise that Karen Egert spent five years singing and playing (actually tickling the ivories of Cole Porter’s piano) in the Peacock Alley Lounge of Manhattan’s fabled Waldorf-Astoria. Egert seems ideally suited to the pearls and black-tie set. She’s precisely the sort of jazz-cabaret hybrid you’d expect to pony up a fairly hefty cover charge, plus a two-drink minimum, to listen to for an hour or so. And you’d leave knowing you’d gotten your money’s worth. You won’t hear anything revolutionary, or even particularly daring. Consider for example, her “In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning.” When Sinatra sang it, you knew he was scraping the bottom of an emotional barrel: bereft, borderline suicidal and likely in the company of a pal named Jack Daniel’s. When Egert sings it, you can hear the regret, the after-midnight disappointment, but know it’s not life-or-death despair. Nor will you exit That Thing Called Love humming the original tunes, pleasant but lacking any adhesive distinctiveness, that Egert scatters among the standards. But, you’ll surely appreciate a vocal wide-openness, reminiscent of Eydie Gorme, subdued by a smokiness that suggests Jane Monheit or, occasionally, even Diana Krall. She is, as one track plainly suggests, “So Nice” in a thoroughly professional, pleasantly forgettable way.
Karen tells a story with her singing , and combined with the excitement of her voice, she creates a wonderful sound. She has her own personal and unique style, making her an up and coming voice on the jazz scene today.
Karen began her career first on Broadway, in cabaret shows and then segued into singing and playing the piano in the major NYC hotels.She currently is playing every weekend at the private New York Athletic Club on Central Park South in Manhattan, where she accompanies herself on piano. She also can be seen at Shanghai Jazz , Trumpets and other venues in the Metropolitan area.
She had a steady singing gig at the Waldorf -Astoria Hotel for over 5 years and had the distinction of playing nightly on Cole Porter's piano. It was at the Waldorf -Astoria that STEVIE WONDER was walking through the lobby and was so struck by her voice that he came into the lounge and listened to her for the rest of the evening. As he was about to leave , she then played one of her favorite Stevie Wonder tunes" Overjoyed" and he was so taken by her that he joined her at the piano for a private performance of some of his greatest songs. It was ofcourse a night to remember .
Karen is also an accomplished songwriter and her latest CD contains one of her best original songs- "Could You Be Mine" .
This Cd currently can be heard on jazz stations around the country . You can visit Karen's website for more information on this exciting singer.
John Pizzarelli, Bucky Pizzarelli, Harry Allen, Tony Tedesco, Linc Milliman, and Tony Monte.
Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 19.64 КБ / Просмотров 3 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  116.49 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  0
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1