05.Blue Moon
06.Autumn Leaves
07.Our Love Is Here to Stay
08.Easy Living
09.Ain't Misbehavin'/You Took Advantage of Me
10.Love Me or Leave Me
11.I'm Gonna Lock My Heart and Throw Away the Key
12.Since I Fell for You
#777Leonie Smith is an Australian jazz Vocalist, with a smooth sophisticated style, who has been working as a singer for over 10 years in Jazz Clubs, Restaurants, Function Centers and for Corporate Events.
''The past fifteen years have been a journey, through gigs in small jazz cafes to performances in front of thousands at the Sydney Entertainment Centre. I have sung to tourists, shoppers, diners, conventioneers, drunks and jazz aficionados", says Leonie Smith, "and each performance has played its part in the evolution of Sweet Jazz".
Leonie's early experience was gained through live performances at Kate Dunbar's open mike sessions and with the Freddy Willson Jazz workshops and it was not long before she was singing regularly at the Rocks Markets on Sydney Harbour, with her band "The Cats Whiskers", and at other venues around town. These gigs developed into nights at premier jazz venues The Basement and Soup Plus in Sydney, as well as five star hotels and resorts. With the support of some of the venues, which gave her residencies (permanent bookings), she was able to perform with some of the finest musicians this country has to offer, including Bobby Gebbert, Peter Zog, John Morrison, Matt Baker, and Michael Bartolomi.
For a change of pace, In 1994 Leonie joined the very popular Andrew Sisters Sisters - a tribute group to the famous wartime entertainers. The group won a Mo award in her first year with them and were nominated again in the second year. Leonie performed the role of Patty: "She was the blonde, cheeky one who got to flirt with the audience, usually perched on some man's lap. I had a ball! The wigs and the costumes meant we could get away with things we would never normally attempt and no one recognised us afterwards. I loved it.''
Now back to her first love, why jazz? "It was the soundtrack to my childhood on Sydney's northern beaches. I stole my parents' entire jazz record collection when I moved out of home and I was already captivated by the old black and white movies of the jazz age on Bill Collin's Golden Age of Hollywood. It was the torch singing, the outpouring of emotion through song and, most of all, it was the beautiful music. The smoky dens, the glamour, sultry heroines and the smooth, cool sound. Through the music of jazz, I could tell stories: moving tales, beautifully-written lyrics put to entrancing melodies. What is more, I could make them my own''
Leonie took some time off from performing, except for the rare gig here and there, to raise her young family, 2 boys born '96 and '99. But is now re-launching her singing career back into full swing!
She has now released her debut Album "Sweet Jazz". On this, Leonie collaborated with Matt Baker on Piano/Arrangements, and Australia's very own Jazz Doyenne Kerrie Biddell, for vocals. Produced jointly by Kerrie Biddell and John Morrison. The Album is currently getting plenty of air play in Australia, and Leonie can be heard at many Jazz venues and Clubs on the Circuit.
''Sweet Jazz is a CD full of songs that have been an important part of my life: emotional snapshots of certain times and places and people. I hope you love them too.''
Despite a career that has encompassed large corporate and small club gigs, a stint with the Mo Award-winning Andrews Sisters Sisters, this is Leonie Smith's debut album.
Supported by the likes of producer John Morrison and vocal coach Kerrie Biddell inspired by Shirley Horne, who also took time out to raise a family, Smith offers a selection of songs which will have romantics remembering when.
The fact that she has a sweet clear voice, great diction and a direct but flexible delivery means that there is an easy appeal about the session.
It is done no harm at all by backing from saxophonist Julian Gough, pianist Matt Baker, guitarist George Golla, bassist Stan Valacos and drummer Morrison: some quartet of musicians who are also understanding accompanists! From Angel Eyes through the wonderfully evocative Nature Boy, Blue Moon, Autumn Leaves, Love Me or Leave Me to Since I fell for You, with equally enjoyable diversions among the other six songs it is a cruise through the smooth waters of pleasurably evoked memories. It is indeed sweet but not cloyed. And as Biddell is quoted as saying, a listening album.
It also swings ,so smoothly. It should be available from those stores where there is appreciation of the value of the history of mainstream jazz vocals, or even of jazz, among the head-banging.
Inspired by the world of Jazz, Leonie performs with an elegance and style reminiscent of the old-style torch singers. Leonie sets a sultry mood. Sometimes soulful and emotive, sometimes light and humorous. Always a magnetic presence.
Доп. информация: http://www.leoniesmith.com/
Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 17.11 КБ / Просмотров 5 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  101.93 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  0
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1