Треклист:
01.Mean To Me
02.But Beautiful
03.The Very Thought Of You
04.Little Bird
05.My Funny Valentine
06.Until I Met You
07.Imagination
08.I Wanna Be Around (To Pick Up The Pieces)
09.How Long Has This Been Goin' On
10.This Time The Dream's On Me
11.I Thought About You
12.Too Marvelous For Words
13.Something Is The Matter With The Moon
14.These Foolish Things
15.Count Your Blessings
Singer Carolyn Martin has been described as “… a winning throwback to the days where emotion was measured and artful rather than loud and histrionic.” From European concert halls to intimate venues at home in Nashville, fans have come to know Carolyn as a a vocalist with a unique sense of musical style, a charismatic stage presence and a voice that exudes passion and experience – the soulful elegance that is the very essence of music.
Carolyn Martin is a native Texan who has lived in Nashville for many years. She began singing professionally while growing up in Abilene, and began traveling and performing throughout Texas and the rest of the US a few years later. Since settling in Nashville in 1985, she has had the pleasure of working with many of the most talented musicians and singers in the world.
Carolyn was a member of Nashville’s Time Jumpers, a western swing band comprised of Nashville’s finest session musicians and singers for 11 years. Their latest project, “Jumpin’ Time”, garnered two Grammy nominations. Carolyn was also featured as part of the Time Jumpers DVD “Jumping Time”, which has appeared on more than 140 Public Television stations and has won two Emmy awards.
A belief that “Swing is Swing” allows her group, Carolyn Martin’s Swing Band, to range far beyond the ‘tradtitional’ western swing repertoire; she will juxtapose western swing classics from Bob Wills, Cindy Walker and Spade Cooley with swing era song from Peggy Lee, Hoagy Carmichael and Louis Armstrong, show tunes from Broadway and Hollywood, traditional country tunes from Faron Young and Hank Williams along with new material written by Carolyn and her friends.
Carolyn was the 2008 recipient of the Academy of Western Artists’ Will Rogers Cowboy Award for Western Swing Female Vocalist of the Year. She was nominated for the award again this year, while her latest CD, “Swing” was nominated as Western Swing Album of the Year by the Western Music Association. In 2008, western swing DJ’s and reviewers around the world named “Swing” as one of the Top 10 albums of the year.
Step back into the past. Imagine a softly lit room, fancifully dressed tables, gentleman in suits and ladies donning their best cocktail dress. As the singer takes the stage, the night falls sweetly quiet. Melodies swirl to the beat of sensuous rhythms and time stands still. Bewitched by the songstress, you helplessly surrender to the mysteries of the night.
Welcome to the music of Carolyn Martin.
Carolyn enjoyed the simplicities of small-town life as a child, spending most of her days on horseback. Music was a part of daily living; she treasured the old movies and the Frank Sinatra records her parents played for her. “I was inspired as a little girl watching “White Christmas” with Rosemary Clooney. I loved the idea of standing in front of a band, singing beautiful melodies and wonderful lyrics,” said Carolyn. A dreadfully shy teen, Carolyn wanted to sing but chose guitar lessons instead. After a few rounds of accompanying a violinist friend at local restaurant gigs, a fan prodded Carolyn into singing. “When I received my first applause, I was hooked! I started singing every chance I got,” said Carolyn.
Eventually, the lure of the road would sweep the young vocalist away. Carolyn never realized at the time that music would take her places that others only dreamt about. Guest appearances for a president and American troops overseas would be just a few highlights of her career. An in-demand session singer and member of the Grammy nominated Time Jumpers, Carolyn has found herself front and center at Nashville's Opry House, on NPR, and many other exciting opportunities.
Time does fly when you’re having fun. Interestingly enough, Carolyn never took the time to record until The Very Thought of You in 2006. A collection of personal favorites and unique discoveries, this debut release includes gems like “The Very Thought of You” and “Too Marvelous for Words.” Carefully prepared arrangements bring forth the rich vocals that Carolyn Martin fans have known about for years.
Carolyn Martin is a singer of a new generation that not only appreciates the music of the past; she has the skills to propel it to the future.
Доп. информация: http://www.carolynmartinmusic.com/
Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 11.77 КБ / Просмотров 4 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  132.91 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  0
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1