The Audreys / дискография (3 альбома)
Жанр: alternative folk music
Страна: Australia
Год издания: 2006-2010
Аудиокодек: MP3
Тип рипа: tracks
Битрейт аудио: 256-320 kbps
Треклист:
Полная дискография моей любимой группы. Все альбомы скачаны из платных ресурсов. 25 марта 2011 торрент-файл перезалит в связи с заменой первого альбома (вместо 128-224 kbps выложен в 320kbps).
Доп. информация:
Who are The Audreys?
musicians - Taasha Coates & Tristan Goodall
The Audreys play alternative folk music and hail from Adelaide, Australia. They have released three records, one in 2006 called “Between Last Night and Us”, another in 2008 called “When the Flood Comes”, and in 2010 “Sometimes the Stars.” Their first two records won the ARIA Award for Best Blues and Roots Album, so they can’t be half bad. They like vintage clothes, listening to records, drinking, touring and each other.
Please visit our press page for downloadable press pics
Some of the most unforgettable music ever made has been born from just taking time to live life, to reflect on the past and then embrace the future with new found perspective. Sometimes The Stars, the eagerly anticipated third album from The Audreys, took shape exactly that way. It’s the sound of a band that’s been pushing boundaries since the beginning now doing so with boundless freedom, capturing ten of the best songs they’ve written yet with emotional honesty, a dash of sonic adventure and a few surprises…
The remarkable success of The Audreys’ 2006 debut album Between Last Night And Us might have caught even the band themselves by surprise, but its follow-up, 2008’s When The Flood Comes, proved it was no fluke. Both albums won the ARIA Award for Best Blues And Roots Album for their respective years, striking a chord with critics and audiences alike right from the outset. And while both combined irresistible melody with candid emotion, When The Flood Comes was the result of a daunting, difficult recording process – an experience that the band’s core of Taasha Coates and Tristan Goodall were determined not to put themselves through again.
That meant it was time for change, and some much-needed time out. After a trip to LA to play a pair of sold-out shows, soaking up the heady atmosphere of cards, cars and tequila, Taasha headed off to backpack around India. A few months later, Taasha and Tristan set off on a tour as a duo, road-testing some of the songs that would eventually end up on the album. By this stage, they knew exactly what was needed – to take The Audreys back to their roots, the duo whose creative partnership had been the essence of the band since day one.
“It was a gradual process,” Taasha explains. “We’ve taken our time writing this record, and the guys had other projects to do, other interests. We felt really rushed writing the second record, so we really wanted to give ourselves a bit of time. The heart of the band’s always been Tristan and I, so I think it’s more honest, in a way, to bring it back to the two of us.”
Slowly, organically, the songs that would eventually make up Sometimes The Stars began to take shape. Writing and ultimately demo-ing the new songs as a duo opened up a world of possibilities. Strong, complete songs even in their acoustic form, for their studio incarnations the band once again enlisted producer Shane O’Mara, the working relationship stronger than ever on this, his third Audreys album. “On this record more than our last two,” Tristan explains, “we had a particularly close relationship with Shane. We were able to sit down with each song, the three of us, and spend a day talking about the song, playing it and kicking around ideas for what we could do to embellish it.”
And embellish they did – though not to excess. O’Mara’s atmospheric production lets the songs speak for themselves, allowing he and the band to take them in sometimes unexpected directions. Album opener Comfort Me lays a deeply personal song atop a bed of languid strings, while first single Troubles Somehow is perhaps the most musically euphoric song The Audreys have recorded to date. Live favourite Lonesome Valley is enhanced by Tim Rogers’ harmony vocals to close out side two beautifully (like the previous albums, Sometimes The Stars will be released on vinyl as well, a format the band is passionate about). Poorhouse features rollicking drumming from Michael Barker (who plays drums throughout the album) and a startling contribution from acclaimed jazz pianist Paul Grabowsky. Throughout the album, vocals were recorded in single takes, capturing the spontaneity of a live performance.
“With the liberated feeling we had when we went in to record came this kind of optimism,” explains Tristan. “A real joy about making music, a sense of fun,” adds Taasha. It’s been really creative. At the same time, I think it’s the most personal record we’ve ever done. It’s interesting – if you pair light music with dark lyrics, people often miss it. We’ve very much done that with Troubles Somehow; the lyric is really sad, but the music’s upbeat. We were playing a little with that idea.”
Certainly the combination of candour, exploration and joy that’s such an intrinsic part of The Audreys has never been so clearly captured on record.

ABC Music/Universal Music Australia
True North Records (Canada)
Winner of the 2006 ARIA Award for Best Blues & Roots Album
Track listing:
1 You & Steve McQueen
2 A Little More
3 Oh Honey
4 Pale Dress
5 Banjo & Violin
6 Long Ride
7 Nothing wrong with me
8 Where are you now?
9 Susanne
10 Come on In
11 Monster
12 Don’t Change

Winner of the 2008 ARIA Award for Best Blues & Roots Album
Track listing:
1 Chelsea Blues
2 Head so Heavy
3 Paradise City
4 Lay me Down
5 Closing Time
6 When the Flood Comes
7 Anchor
8 Sally & the Preacher
9 Small Things
10 Here he Lies
11 Songbird
12 More to a Sinner

1 Comfort Me
2 I’ll Take What’s Mine
3 Troubles Somehow
4 Poorhouse
5 Monster (part II)
6 Falling Down
7 Sometimes the Stars
8 Two States Away
9 Little Molly
10 Lonesome Valley
BONUS TRACKS:
11 I Wanna Be Loved By You (Live from Notes)
12 Poorhouse (Live from Notes)
13 Monster, Pt. 1 (Live from Notes)
14 Lay Me Down (Live from Notes)
Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 16.93 КБ / Просмотров 5 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  331.5 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  0
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1