Источник (релизер): rengis
Наличие сканов в содержимом раздачи: нет
Треклист:
1 Soul Heart Transplant
2 Light My Fire
3 Ode To Billy Joe
4 Vanilla Fudge
5 Drugs Ain't Cool
6 Get Yourself Together (Smiling Phases/Sunshine Of Your Love Medley)
7 The Thought Of Losing Your Love
8 Can I Call You Baby
9 Fool Am I
10 It's To Late For Love
11 Light My Fire (Alt.)
Vanilla fudge
Код:
EAC extraction logfile from 18. November 2008, 17:22 for CD
Ebony Rhythm Band / Soul Heart Transplant: The Lamp Sessions
Used drive  : SONY    CD-RW  CRX195E1   Adapter: 1  ID: 1
Read mode   : Secure with NO C2, accurate stream, disable cache
Read offset correction : 12
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : No
Used output format : C:\Program Files\FLAC\flac.exe   (User Defined Encoder)
                     128 kBit/s
                     Additional command line options : -V -8 -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" %s
Other options      :
    Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
    Delete leading and trailing silent blocks : No
    Native Win32 interface for Win NT & 2000
Track  1
     Filename C:\uploads\Ebony Rhythm Band - Soul Heart Transplant\01 - Soul Heart Transplant.wav
     Pre-gap length  0:00:02.00
     Peak level 80.3 %
     Track quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC C8A270C9
     Copy CRC C8A270C9
     Copy OK
Track  2
     Filename C:\uploads\Ebony Rhythm Band - Soul Heart Transplant\02 - Light My Fire.wav
     Peak level 97.7 %
     Track quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC 19713225
     Copy CRC 19713225
     Copy OK
Track  3
     Filename C:\uploads\Ebony Rhythm Band - Soul Heart Transplant\03 - Ode to Billy Joe.wav
     Peak level 97.7 %
     Track quality 99.9 %
     Test CRC 6CCE955B
     Copy CRC 6CCE955B
     Copy OK
Track  4
     Filename C:\uploads\Ebony Rhythm Band - Soul Heart Transplant\04 - Vanilla Fudge.wav
     Peak level 97.7 %
     Track quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC 356F4CEB
     Copy CRC 356F4CEB
     Copy OK
Track  5
     Filename C:\uploads\Ebony Rhythm Band - Soul Heart Transplant\05 - Drugs Ain't Cool.wav
     Peak level 86.1 %
     Track quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC B2B4DFBD
     Copy CRC B2B4DFBD
     Copy OK
Track  6
     Filename C:\uploads\Ebony Rhythm Band - Soul Heart Transplant\06 - Get Yourself Together.wav
     Peak level 97.7 %
     Track quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC 614BD7BD
     Copy CRC 614BD7BD
     Copy OK
Track  7
     Filename C:\uploads\Ebony Rhythm Band - Soul Heart Transplant\07 - The Thought of Losing Your Love-The Vanguards.wav
     Peak level 97.7 %
     Track quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC 55162C11
     Copy CRC 55162C11
     Copy OK
Track  8
     Filename C:\uploads\Ebony Rhythm Band - Soul Heart Transplant\08 - Can I Call You Baby-The Pearls.wav
     Peak level 97.7 %
     Track quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC E64F870B
     Copy CRC E64F870B
     Copy OK
Track  9
     Filename C:\uploads\Ebony Rhythm Band - Soul Heart Transplant\09 - It's Too Late For Love-The Vanguards.wav
     Peak level 92.3 %
     Track quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC D3BCE2BD
     Copy CRC D3BCE2BD
     Copy OK
Track 10
     Filename C:\uploads\Ebony Rhythm Band - Soul Heart Transplant\10 - Fool Am I-The Montiques.wav
     Peak level 97.0 %
     Track quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC BEBB200A
     Copy CRC BEBB200A
     Copy OK
Track 11
     Filename C:\uploads\Ebony Rhythm Band - Soul Heart Transplant\11 - Light My Fire (Alt.).wav
     Peak level 92.3 %
     Track quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC B73ECA04
     Copy CRC B73ECA04
     Copy OK
No errors occured
End of status report
Код:
REM GENRE Funk
REM DATE 1969
REM DISCID 900AB50B
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.95b4"
PERFORMER "Ebony Rhythm Band"
TITLE "Soul Heart Transplant: The Lamp Sessions"
FILE "01 - Soul Heart Transplant.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Soul Heart Transplant"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "02 - Light My Fire.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Light My Fire"
FILE "03 - Ode to Billy Joe.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Ode to Billy Joe"
FILE "04 - Vanilla Fudge.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Vanilla Fudge"
FILE "05 - Drugs Ain't Cool.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "Drugs Ain't Cool"
FILE "06 - Get Yourself Together.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "Get Yourself Together"
FILE "07 - The Thought of Losing Your Love-The Vanguards.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    TITLE "The Thought of Losing Your Love-The Vanguards"
FILE "08 - Can I Call You Baby-The Pearls.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    TITLE "Can I Call You Baby-The Pearls"
FILE "09 - It's Too Late For Love-The Vanguards.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    TITLE "It's Too Late For Love-The Vanguards"
FILE "10 - Fool Am I-The Montiques.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
    TITLE "Fool Am I-The Montiques"
FILE "11 - Light My Fire (Alt.).wav" WAVE
  TRACK 11 AUDIO
    TITLE "Light My Fire (Alt.)"
EBONY RHYTHM BAND – Soul Heart Transplant: The Lamp Sessions. Now Again NA 5011. NEW CD, but not sealed. Issued in 2004. Originally recorded in 1969 and 1970, tracks noted with * were issued as a single on LAMP Records, all other tracks are previously unreleased. Tracks listed as by The Vagabonds, The Pearls, and The Montiques are instrumental backing tracks sans the named artists’ vocals. Comes with a 20-page informative/photo insert booklet. MEMBERS: Robert L. “Master Boobie” Townsend, John R. “Ricky” Jackson, Ronald Hedrick, Lester L. “Pig” Johnson, Anthony J. “Tony” Roberts, and Matthew R. “Phatback” Watson. TRACKS: Soul Heart Transplant*, Light My Fire, Ode To Billy Joe, Vanilla Fudge, Drugs Ain’t Cool*, and Get Yourself Together (Smiling Phases/Sunshine Of Your Love, Medley). The Vagabonds – The Thought Of Losing Your Love (alternate edit), The Pearls – Can I Call You Baby, The Vagabonds – It’s Too Late For Love, The Montiques – Fool Am I. BONUS TRACK: Ebony Rhythm Band – Light My Fire (alternate take). DESCRIPTION: Contrary to today's prevailing view about the decade, it was not necessarily a good thing to be an ahead-of-the-time musician during the 1960s, especially if you were black and living in a provincial Midwestern city such as Indianapolis. Naptown does have a rich African American musical heritage, with notable figures including bluesmen Leroy Carr and Scrapper Blackwell as well as jazz guitarist Wes Montgomery, to name but a few. Although Funk, Inc. was probably the most famous band in the city's thriving late 1960s-early 1970s funk scene, there were many lesser-known outfits that were also musically compelling but recorded only a single or two before fading away into obscurity. The Ebony Rhythm Band was one such group. Their fondness for mind-expanding rock music is apparent on the sides collected on Soul Heart Transplant. And while this influence prevented them from being well-received in black nightclubs where patrons had more traditional tastes in music, it did help distinguish them as an extremely innovative unit for their time. The group's history is somewhat convoluted, so I'll leave it to you to peruse the informative insert booklet for the full details. Its members comprised the personnel of what was essentially the house band for LAMP (Layden and Miller Productions), a small label set up by Indianapolis entrepreneur Herb Miller. This businessman got his start as a record store owner and music distributor and, after becoming partners with boxing promoter Howard Layden, began signing local artists to recording contracts. Due to their instrumental chops, the Ebony Rhythm Band backed many of these performers on their studio sessions. The aggregation's origins can be traced to the time when drummer Matthew Watson, originally in blues guitarist Harvey Cook's band, joined forces with guitarist Robert "Master Boobie" Townsend and organist John "Ricky" Jackson in soul singer Baby Leon's backing group sometime around 1967. Bassist Lester Johnson came into the fold the following year, and it was through his contacts that they became associated with LAMP Records. Initially, the rhythm section played as part of the rehearsal band for a group already signed to the label, the Vanguards. Johnson and Watson's contributions were so well received that all four musicians earned an audition with Miller, who was sufficiently impressed to make them his label's "Wrecking Crew," so to speak. After settling upon the name Ebony Rhythm Band, they not only provided accompaniment for the Vanguards, but also for other LAMP acts such as the Montiques and the Pearls. It's Too Late for Love, Fool Am I, and Can I Call You Baby are all presumably hitherto unissued backing tracks for songs by these aforementioned vocal groups. Although Ebony Rhythm Band lacked a real vocalist, this did not prevent them from recording a significant amount of material (mostly instrumentals) in 1969 and 1970 under their own direction (in lieu of being paid for their session work). Several of the titles featured here resulted from occasions when the engineer had left the tape running during jam sessions. As the liner notes explain: The songs that the Band chose to record differed markedly from the solid, though traditional, R&B that they recorded for LAMP's vocal groups. "We were into R&B, but we were into it in a different sense," Lester offers. "We thought it was too confined. We listened to R&B stuff, but we were equally into rock. We were fascinated by (wah-) wahs, distortion, that sort of thing." The Band chose songs by the Doors, Cream, and Blood, Sweat and Tears and covered them as might a soul jazz combo recording for Prestige or Blue Note; sans horns, the Ebony Rhythm Band have much in common with Stax recording artists and house band Booker T. & the MGs. Thus the inclusion of previously unreleased instrumental interpretations of period pieces Light My Fire and Ode To Billie Joe (which, curiously enough, were also both covered by contemporary black group Africa on Music from "Lil Brown") in addition to a medley of Vanilla Fudge themes titled - what else? - Vanilla Fudge. Get Yourself Together is based on Traffic's Smiling Phases and Cream's Sunshine Of Your Love. According to Watson, "We was scorned. In that era, everybody else in the black community was wearing three-piece suits, processes, and Afro wigs, and that sh*t. We was the first guys to wear bell-bottoms. The first guys to wear big hats. We were off into a whole other thing." And Lester, "We wanted more of a rock thing, and that's what we did. When we played these R&B gigs behind these stand-up vocal groups that wore costumes and danced routines, we used to laugh at them. We thought they were corny." The Ebony Rhythm Band's lone 45 Drugs Ain't Cool b/w Soul Heart Transplant offers a tantalizing taste of what a full-length album by the group might have sounded like as both numbers put their collective influences on display. Believe it or not, the A-side was the winner in a contest held by the mayor of Indianapolis for the best anti-drug song, which netted the musicians $800 as well as the opportunity to perform in front of a municipal building in the city's downtown area. In what would have been a major disappointment to Nancy Reagan and the whole "Just Say No" crowd, the band apparently displayed a bit of hypocrisy by performing the song (influenced by the Spencer Davis Group's I'm a Man) while stoned on marijuana. This is a magnificent performance and in the same league as material by early Funkadelic, although admittedly not quite as far out. On Soul Heart Transplant, Ebony Rhythm Band comes off as a Midwestern version of the Meters, especially due to Townsend's absolutely wicked guitar playing and Watson's impressive percussion work. The members of the Ebony Rhythm Band continued performing live as the backing group for the Vanguards and the Pearls prior to heading to the West Coast in 1970 as part of the King James Version (band) and then metamorphosing into the Ebony Rhythm Funk Campaign later in the decade. Those of you who like to dig for bones will dig this! from ebay.com
Heavy funk from the Indy scene of the late 60s – the lost album by one of the funkiest combos in the Midwest! Ebony Rhythm Band have an incredible sound that seems to take the heavy bottom of New Orleans Funk and merge it with the trippier elements of Detroit psychedelic soul – no surprise, considering they hailed from Indianapolis, a point about halfway between the two cities! The tracks on the set have a really great tripped-out groove – using lots of guitar and organ over heavy rhythms, in a style that's a bit like the Meters at times – but a lot freer flowing. The album features 2 tracks that formed the basis of one of the group's singles – plus a lot more that were never issued at the time, including a few by other incarnations of the combo! Titles include "Soul Heart Transplant", "Ode To Billie Joe", "Light My Fire", "Vanilla Fudge", "Get Yourself Together", "Drugs Ain't Cool", "Fool Am I", and "It's Too Late For Love". CD contains the bonus alternate version of "Light My Fire". © 1996-2013, Dusty Groove, Inc.
Bass – Lester Johnson
Drums – Matthew Watson
Guitar – Robert Townsend
Organ, Vocals – John Jackson
Producer – Herb Miller
Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 13 КБ / Просмотров 8 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  296.75 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  0
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1