Mtume - In Search Of The Rainbow Seekers
Жанр: Disco, Funk
Год выпуска диска: 1980
Производитель диска: EPIC (JE 36017)
Аудио кодек: APE
Тип рипа: tracks
Битрейт аудио: lossless
Трэклист:
01 - Give It On Up (If You Want To) (6:38)
02 - You Can't Wait For Love (4:50)
03 - She's A Rainbow Dancer (4:55)
04 - We're Gonna Make It This Time (4:52)
05 - Dance Around My Navel (1:57)
06 - So You Wanna Be A Star (5:14)
07 - Spirit Of The Dance (4:17)
08 - Anticipatin' (4:19)
09 - Everything Good To Me (4:05)
10 - Mrs. Sippi (3:40)
Around the time this 1980 album came out, James Mtume and his partner, Reggie Lucas, were known for their excellent production work with singers like Phyllis Hyman and Stephanie Mills. Mtume and Lucas are also skilled musicians, as demonstrated here. Mtume contributes lead vocals and background vocals and plays keyboards and percussion, while Lucas shines in his lead and rhythm guitar playing and joins in the background vocals as well. The stand-out track on this album is the disco song "So You Wanna Be A Star" (5:16), its sophisticated lyrics masterfully sung by Tawatha Agee. "Give It On Up (If You Want To)", a catchy disco song, is a nice way to start the album. It's followed by "You Can't Wait for Love", a powerful funky number which is another winner and my second-favorite here. "Dance Around My Navel" is a short, hilarious funk song, clocking in at just under 2 minutes. "We're Gonna Make It This Time" is a decent ballad. "Everything Good to Me" is a beautiful, slow "sunshine" song with violins. "Mrs. Sippi" is a repetitive but fun funk song which emphasizes the guitars. There are three songs which I found disappointing: "Anticipatin'" is an electro-funk song that's OK but not particularly memorable, and the disco songs "She's a Rainbow Dancer" and "Spirit of the Dance" don't reach the heights of the other two disco songs on the album and somehow sound dull. But overall this is a good album that more people should hear. Also featuring drummer Howard King, bassist Basil Fearrington, guitarist Ed Moore, and keyboardist Hubert Eaves.
Kevin Brook - Amazon.com
Дополнительная информация
Класс состояния винила: VG+
Устройство воспроизведения: Technics SL-1210-MK2 turntable + Shure M97XE cartridge & stylus
Предварительный усилитель: TCC TC-750 Phono Preamp
АЦП: Creative USB Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX Sound Card
Программа-оцифровщик: Cool Edit 2000
Обработка: 1. Ручное удаление крупных щелчков (Cool Edit 2000); 2. Автоматическое удаление щелчков (Wave Lab 4.0 Wave X-Click); 3. Разрезка на треки, плавный вход-выход (Ручное - Cool Edit 2000); 4. Сжатие (Flac fronted v. 1.7.0.1).
Формат записи (Bit/kHz): 16/44,1
Формат раздачи (Bit/kHz): 16/44,1
===> MY VINYL RIP PROCEDURES <===
To clean the vinyls I use the Knosti Disco-Antistat record cleaning system.
To remove the surface dust I use the Nagaoka Rolling Cleaner.
The vinyls are ripped through this equipment:
- Shure M97XE cartridge & stylus
- Technics SL-1210-MK2 turntable
- TCC TC-750 Phono Preamp
- Creative USB Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX Sound Card
The files were ripped using GoldWave or CoolEdit 2000 and saved as WAV files.
The sample rate of the wav file is 44.1 kH and the resolution is 16 bit.
REMASTERING: Only if it's necessary, removing click & pops with Cool Edit 2000 or Wave Lab 4.0.
COMPRESSION: FLAC Fronted or Monkey's Audio.
Each file is separate. As they're vinyl rips I didn't use EAC and, therefore, there's no log file.
===> WHY ONLY A 16bit AND NOT A 24bit RECORDING? <===
I am not an audiophile. I have tried to understand which it was the better resolution to rip my vinyls.
I have found this wonderful guide: Transferring LPs to CDR: Some Advice
This is the point about the question "Is 16 bit Recording Enough?"

Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 11.46 КБ / Просмотров 62 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  257.86 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  0
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1