Статистика раздачи
Размер: 1.19 МБ | | Скачали: 2
Сидеров: 0  [0 байт/сек]    Личеров: 1  [0 байт/сек]
Пред. тема | След. тема 

Автор
Ответить с цитатой 

Teaching the Brain to Read. Strategies for Improving Fluency, Vocabulary, and Comprehension

Год издания: 2008
Автор: Willis J.
Жанр или тематика: учебник для учителей

Издательство: Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development
ISBN: 978-1416606888
Язык: Английский

Формат: PDF
Качество: Издательский макет или текст (eBook)
Интерактивное оглавление: Да
Количество страниц: 194

Описание: "Reading comes easily to some students, but many struggle with some part of this complex process that requires many areas of the brain to operate together through an intricate network of neurons. As a classroom teacher who has also worked as a neurologist, Judy Willis offers a unique perspective on how to help students not only learn the mechanics of reading and comprehension, but also develop a love of reading. She shows the importance of establishing a nonthreatening environment and provides teaching strategies that truly engage students and help them * Build phonemic awareness * Manipulate patterns to improve reading skills * Improve reading fluency * Combat the stress and anxiety that can inhibit reading fluency * Increase vocabulary *Overcome reading difficulties that can interfere with comprehension By enriching your understanding of how the brain processes language, emotion, and other stimuli, this book will change the way you understand and teach reading skills--and help all your students become successful readers."Цитата:
Цитата:
I found the book to be very helpful. I have a child struggling with reading & was tired of the "professionals" at the school not helping. I now have an understanding of what the processes are and what to do to help him. This book was written for teachers in the classroom but it can be adapted for home use.

Цитата:
Цитата:
I am a college professor; part of my job is professional development and to help fellow instructors assess students' skills and address gaps in those skills. Fluency in reading is one of the biggest challenges that students on our campus face; most are what are known as Generation 1.5, which means they speak two languages fluently, but don't read or write either language fluently.

Willis' book, I think, is designed for K-12 (maybe K-6) teachers; however, it was tremendously helpful in an era when 80% of students are placing into developmental reading and writing. I love Willis' style; she is very good at explaining complex neurological concepts for a layperson. She also has "gray matter" sections that go into greater detail of the actual 'neurology' of the subject.

Even though many of her techniques were clearly designed for younger students, I was able to modify them and use them successfully with my college students. I also have a much better idea now of how people learn to read and the potential problems that can occur, which was valuable insight since I didn't have time to take a class on it.

This is a relatively slim book, but each chapter is purposeful - almost a grab-n-go guide for busy teachers on the run. The perfect approach.

Preface ...................................................................................... viii
Acknowledgments .................................................................... xiv
Introduction ................................................................................ 1
1. From Syllable to Synapse:
Prereading h rough Decoding ............................................... 11
2. Patterning Strategies .............................................................. 22
3. Fluency Building from the Brain to the Book ........................ 47
4. Eliminating Barriers on the Road to Fluency .......................... 68
5. Vocabulary Building and Keeping ......................................... 80
6. Successful Reading Comprehension ..................................... 126
Conclusion .............................................................................. 157
Glossary ................................................................................... 159
References ................................................................................ 163
Index ....................................................................................... 170
About the Author .................................................................... 175
Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 935 байт / Просмотров 28 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  1.19 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  2
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1