Статистика раздачи
Размер: 85.92 МБ | | Скачали: 2
Сидеров: 10  [0 байт/сек]    Личеров: 4  [0 байт/сек]
Пред. тема | След. тема 

Автор
Ответить с цитатой 

Every Mother's Son - The Very Best Of Every Mother's Son: Come On Down To My Boat

Жанр: Psychedelic Rock/Garage Rock/Pop-Rock/Sunshine Pop || Страна: US || Год выпуска: 1998 || Label: Collectables || Catalogue#: B000000945 || Аудио кодек: MP3 || Тип рипа: tracks || Битрейт аудио: 320 kbps || Продолжительность: 00:37:08

Трэклист:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
01. Come On Down To My Boat 02:36
02. I Won't 02:32
03. For Brandy 02:37
04. Didn't She Lie 02:10
05. What Became Of Mary 03:10
06. Ain't It A Drag 02:24
07. Allison Dozer 03:00
08. I Believe In You 02:34
09. Ain't No Use 02:36
10. Sittin' Here (Peter's Tune) 02:47
11. Come On Queenie 02:47
12. Put Your Mind At Ease 02:37
13. Pony With The Golden Mane 02:12
14. No One Knows 02:59
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every Mother's Son was an American sunshine pop band formed in New York City in 1967. Brothers Dennis Larden (born 22 November 1948) and Larry Larden (born 10 August 1945) had originally performed as a folk duo. In the formation of Every Mother's Son, they were joined by pianist/organist Bruce Milner (born 9 May 1943), drummer Christopher Augustine (born 25 August 1941), and bassist Schuyler Larsen (born 19 February 1947).

In early 1967 the group was signed to the MGM Records label (supposedly because management saw the band's clean-cut image as an antidote to the hippie influx). They recorded a self-titled, 11-song LP, mostly containing songs written by the Larden brothers, that would be described as "clean summer rock (with almost imperceptible echoes of The Beach Boys)." . The album's leadoff song "Come on Down to My Boat" (listed on the album as "Come and Take a Ride in My Boat"), written by the band's producer Wes Farrell and Jerry Goldstein, rose to #6 on the Billboard charts in July 1967 (#3 in Canada). The song had first been recorded by another group, The Rare Breed, also produced by Farrell (20 years later the tune was the first played by pirate station Radio Newyork International, which broadcast from a ship just off Long Island). Because the group was signed to MGM Records, MGM Television (by way of Arena Productions) decided to feature the group in a two-part episode of The Man From U.N.C.L.E., "The Karate Killers (The Five Daughters Affair)," singing the song in a nightclub as a fight breaks out.

Although the debut single was a hit, the group could not sustain its initial success. MGM quickly released a second album in the fall of 1967, Every Mothers' Son's Back, which spawned three more singles that managed to make the charts, but at increasingly lower positions: "Put Your Mind At Ease" (#46, #8 Can.), "Pony With The Golden Mane" (#93, #41 Can.), and "No One Knows" (#96). Larsen left the band shortly after Every Mothers' Son's Back was completed, replaced by Don Kerr and the group disbanded in 1968; a compilation album on Collectible Records was issued three decades later. Dennis Larden later joined Ricky Nelson's Stone Canyon Band.
Collectables' Come On Down to My Boat contains the entirety of Every Mother's Son's eponymous debut, which included their huge hit "Come On Down to My Boat," plus three bonus tracks -- "Put Your Mind at Ease," "Pony With the Golden Mane," "No One Knows" -- which were all minor hit singles in the years following their lone Top Ten hit. "Come on Down to My Boat" is one of the great one-shots of the '60s, and not surprisingly, there's nothing nearly as memorable on the remainder of the record, but there are some enjoyable pop-rockers in the same vein. It may not contain much from the group's second record, but the fact that it contains all of the group's hits, plus a representative selection of lesser-known material, makes this a fine summation of the group's career.
Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 14.71 КБ / Просмотров 63 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  85.92 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  2
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1