#77701. Indefinite Muddle Of Conspiracies
02. Pipedream
03. March Of The Gingerpig
04. Dimlighted Heart
05. Digging With Bare Hands
06. Undefined Call
07. Joe Cool (The Fool)
08. Blind To Reason
The Ways of the Gingerpig reveals a band that is one with itself and knows no bounds. The songs vary in style from long, drawn-out soundscapes to compact pop tracks, interspersed with those typical Bonebakker riffs we have come to know from his Gorefest albums.
With this first release, Gingerpig takes us on a journey of discovery full of human warmth and eagerness to experiment, just like those albums from the seventies used to. “I’m not afraid this will turn into another cliché. If it does, we’ll just stop - but not before we’ve exhausted our full potential. And with this line-up, I don't think that will happen anytime soon.”
The Ways of the Gingerpig will be released on 29 April through Suburban Records.
#77701 - Run
02 - Dangling Man
03 - Backlash
04 - A Touch
05 - Nothing
06 - Oceans
07 - Smile
08 - Pride
09 - Ugly Heart
Gingerpig werd opgericht in 2009 door Boudewijn Bonebakker, bekend als gitarist van Gorefest die afstudeerde op Bach en Purcell aan het conservatorium. Het geeft goed de diversiteit van de band aan, die met dit tweede album een trio is geworden in plaats van een viertal. De band herontdekte zichzelf en deze groei is duidelijk te horen op Hidden From View.

Haunted, mean & lean by their musical travels, Gingerpig dispose most of their garnish and fringe on Ghost on the Highway and deliver not only musically but also lyrically a surprising resolute and thunderous rock album.
#7771. The Nature Of The Fool
2. Five River Swamp
3. Stay Down
4. Hear Me
5. Ghost On The Highway
6. Brace Before The Fall
7. Burning Up The Road
8. A Lifetime Of Murder
9. The Dog At The Gate
10. Dancing On The Vulcano (bonus Track)
Gingerpig – Ghost on the Highway

The title of the new Gingerpig album, Ghost on the Highway, wasn’t chosen randomly. It is a reference to the musical journey of Gingerpig, to the passion and the urge that has pushed them forward to three albums now. Founder and frontman of Gingerpig, Boudewijn Bonebakker, is clear about it: “Music is my way to stay ahead of my personal ghost on the highway.“

Ghost on the Highway is not just the result of years of perfecting the sound of Gingerpig. That sound is not the goal for Gingerpig, it’s the vehicle with which the story is being told. More than anything else it is the almost haunted intensity and conviction behind the songs that impresses and pulls you in.

Five years ago Gingerpig’s journey started with the preparations for their first album. The grand experiment The Ways of the Gingerpig was built on the conviction that the listener can’t be fooled. Bonebakker and his associates opened up their suitcases and started off with lots of musical luggage and even more ideas and with their first they delivered a loving mix of seventies rock, blues, fusion and (post-) metal. The band had set just one single limit for themselves: making music.

During the course of their search and their wanderings, the musical focus of Gingerpig sharpened. The identity and style of the band ripened fast and the eclectic character of their music matured. This culminated on the album Hidden from View, on which the organic sound and the sincere approach came more to the forefront.

This development has continued on Ghost on the Highway but clearly the boys haven’t found their calm yet. Sure, Gingerpig sounds more weathered, more intense and louder than ever, a very distinct and recognisable loud that works in clear unity with the lyrical content, but the restlessness stays.
Gingerpig… It all started with a Hammond organ. And what is a Hammond organ without a band? So towards the end of 2008, Gorefest guitarist Boudewijn Bonebakker from Breda in the South of the Netherlands created Gingerpig. Not so much to justify the purchase of his Hammond, but to make rock as he believes it should be made.
“I've come to a point where I want to make genuine music, without too many constraints. Not some product manufactured with Pro Tools to cater to a carefully selected target audience. I want to record music that is human, organic and genuine and I want to do it with a band. As it used to be done, really,” (Bonebakker)
It didn't take him long to write a whole spadeful of songs with very clear leanings toward the blues rock and hard rock masters of yore. But they were more than that. Much more. Nearly all his tracks venture into seventies funk, soul, jazz rock and even early symphonic rock in one way or another.
Putting the band together
When the time came to put together a new band, the first person Bonebakker got in touch with was drummer Ries Doms, quickly followed by bass player Sytse Roelevink. For his Hammond he turned to Jarno van Es, a pianist he had once seen maniacally working the keys in a smoke-filled local jazz den.
“I knew what sound I was looking for, so I needed a very specific type of musician for each instrument. For the drums I wanted one of those old-school, heart-and-soul, Zappa-style rufflers, for the bass I tended more towards the Who and for the keys I was looking for a Jon Lord or a Keith Emerson. But pretty soon a lot of soul was thrown into the mix.” (Bonebakker)
They started intense rehearsals to flesh out the songs. After a brief series of performances, Doms decided to leave the band because he needed to focus on his other projects. Called in to replace him for a few gigs, jazz rock drummer and personal friend Maarten Poirters added such a range of possibilities to Gingerpig’s pallet that Bonebakker asked him to join the band.
Recording
Together with producer Pieter Kloos, Gingerpig recorded eight tracks at Eindhoven's legendary "The Void" studio. No Pro Tools, no antiseptic production. Everything is recorded live on tape.
“Think of the Allman Brothers, or the original Stones. Exactly like it was done in the early seventies. That’s why we just had to work with Pieter Kloos. Our ideas coincided almost 100%. Pieter stands for analogue recording, just like us. He is all about genuine sound. The whole CD was recorded live, except for the vocals. Not the easiest way to work, I can assure you, but one that has resulted in a pure and unadulterated sound experience.” (Bonebakker)
Release
Jarno: Keys
Sytse: Bass
Maarten: Drums
Boudewijn: Guitar & Voice
Доп. информация:
http://gingerpig.nl/
http://www.suburban.nl/shop/featured-artists/gingerpig
Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 15.09 КБ / Просмотров 59 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  304.05 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  8
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1