Beginning CSS Web Development. From Novice to Professional

Год: 2006
Автор: Simon Collison
Жанр: Учебное пособие
Издательство: Apress
ISBN: 978-1-59059-689-0, 1-59059-689-7
Язык: Английский
Формат: PDF
Качество: Изначально компьютерное (eBook)
Количество страниц: 446

Описание: This is the book I needed when I began experimenting with CSS. If I’d had this book, I’d have saved myself an immeasurable amount of wasted time. It assumes a fairly comfortable knowledge of (X)HTML markup, but little or no knowledge of CSS. For the latter, we start from scratch.

Some books wrap you in cotton wool, gently easing you in. Not this book. The first three chapters attempt to explore the core concepts of CSS, giving you a firm foundation for the chapters that follow. CSS is a simple technology, but its magic stems from the complex approaches and quirks at the heart of the specification. Therefore, the first three chapters establish grounding for everything that follows. It is not essential to read these first, but it is important to become familiar with their subject matter so that you can quickly refer back when a technique mentioned in a later chapter gets a bit involved. For example, if I mention “the cascade” in Chapter 14 and you are not sure what I mean, you know you can flick back to an early chapter to work out what this is.

After this deep-end, lung-filling beginning, each following chapter of Part 1 focuses on styling a particular markup group, such as tables, links, lists, or text, providing a sensibly structured reference of common approaches to element styling.

For Part 2 of the book, the focus shifts to layout and real-world issues. Here, you begin thinking like a professional web designer, looking at methods for pulling everything you have learned into accessible, lightweight, and stylish templates. Part 2 also sprinkles a few extras into the mix, detailing useful hacks, filters, and accessibility techniques that give you even greater power. Finally, many of the techniques used in the book are pulled together for the Dead Goods case study, which details the ins and outs of styling a living, breathing web site with pure, honestto-goodness CSS. It’s a revelation!

I have also provided a CSS syntax reference at the back of the book detailing all the properties and values covered, allowing you to look up those troublesome properties, etc., quickly and easily. You can read this book from cover to cover if you wish, as it has a logical narrative. Likewise, it works as a dip-in reference guide for the astute designer who simply wants to get on with the job. Either way, I think you’ll enjoy it.
PART 1 Get to Know CSS
CHAPTER 1 Getting Started
CHAPTER 2 Core Concepts of CSS
CHAPTER 3 CSS Building Blocks
CHAPTER 4 Text
CHAPTER 5 Color, Backgrounds, and Images
CHAPTER 6 Lists
CHAPTER 7 Links
CHAPTER 8 Tables and Definition Lists
CHAPTER 9 Forms
PART 2 Logical Layouts
CHAPTER 10 Layout Basics
CHAPTER 11 Classic Layouts
CHAPTER 12 Layout Manipulation
CHAPTER 13 The Journey from Layout to Template
CHAPTER 14 Usability and Accessibility Enhancements
CHAPTER 15 Tips, Tricks, and Troubles
CHAPTER 16 Case Study: The Dead Goods
APPENDIX CSS Reference
INDEX

Опубликовано группой
Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 6.24 КБ / Просмотров 35 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  18.32 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  0
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1