Статистика раздачи
Размер: 436.27 МБ | | Скачали: 1
Сидеров: 0  [0 байт/сек]    Личеров: 0  [0 байт/сек]
Пред. тема | След. тема 

Автор
Ответить с цитатой 

The Storyteller - The Storyteller (Japanese Ed.)

Жанр: Power Metal Год издания: May 4th, 2000 Страна: Sweden (Gävle)
Издатель (лейбл): Soundholic Co., Ltd. Номер по каталогу: TKCS-85008
Аудиокодек: FLAC (*.flac) Тип рипа: image+.cue Битрейт аудио: lossless
Продолжительность: 00:51:37 Источник (релизер): Собственный Диск
Наличие сканов в содержимом раздачи: Да (600 DPI)

L.G. Persson - Vocals, Bass:
Martin Hjerpe - Drums:
Fredrik Groth - Guitars:
Erik Gornostajev - Guitars:
#777The Storyteller - потрясающе качественная шведская группа, исполняющая melodic power metal с лирикой в стиле «фэнтези» - о королях, драконах и отважных героях. Их музыка основана на наследии таких групп, как Blind Guardian и Helloween. Есть в их песнях элементы средневековой атмосферы, народные мотивы. На счету коллектива с 1995 года - три демо-записи, одну EP «Seed Of Lies» (2004), четыре полнометражных альбома, «The Storyteller» (2000), «Crossroad» (2002),»Tales Of A Holy Quest» (2003), «Underworld» (2005. И обратите внимание - не стоит путать шведский The Storyteller с другой группой, которая называется просто Storyteller. Уже их демо-записи заинтересовали такой крупный лейбл, как Noise Records, но в силу некоторых обстоятельств контракт был заключён с No Fashion/House Of Kicks (Sweden). Первые два альбома издавались также в Японии и получили ободряющие отзывы критиков. Группа интенсивно гастролировала (в том числе с Blind Guardian), выходила на сцену с такими звёздами, как Hammerfall, Twisted Sister и Whitesnake. Недавно шведы поменяли лейбл на Black Lodge/Sound Pollution и записали третий альбом - ‘Tales Of A Holy Quest’. Он, как и первые два, родился в легендарной Studio Fredman в Gothenburg, Sweden (In Flames, The Haunted, Hammerfall, Dimmu Borgir, At The Gates). Продюсером и инженером стал знаменитый Fredrik Nordstrom.
Welcome! Please sit down and make yourself comfortable. Tonight i shall take you to a place of great adventures. A place so far away from us. A place where the stories are alive. Well, are you ready to step into the time of the stories? Then come with me…»

Нас приглашают в сказочный мир приключений и фантазий? Так давайте ступим за грань, которая отделяет реальность от вымысла. Смелее! Сделайте шаг вперёд! «The kingdom of Kail. A kingdom which lived in peace. Never would the’ve thought that evil would come to haunt them one day. But in search for the Book of Mystery evil is now standing at the gate of Kail. Who can save kingdom of Kail. Is it destined to fall by the hands of the evil one? Only time can tell.»

Такова завязка истории, которую в течение десяти песен поведают нам рассказчики из шведского epic-power проета Storyteller. Путеводителями по созданному ими миру станут : автор почти всех легенд L-G Persson (lead and backing vocals, bass, moulharp), Fredrik Grolb (electric and acoustic guitars, keyboards and additional bass), Lasse Marlinsen (electric guitars and backing vocals), Marlin Hjarpe (drums and percussion). Диск вызывает только положительные эмоций. Музыкальный ряд не перегружен долбёжкой, но при этом не переслащён и тем более не соплив, что является главной чертой многих epic power групп. На альбоме довольно много баллад, основой для которых являются клавишные и акустическая гитара. Диску присуща замечательная энергетика. Что-то особое есть в этой музыке, группа не копирует другие проекты, которых развелось в последнее время довольно много. Очень хорош красивый и сильный вокал солиста Персона. Впрочем, не стоит слишком много говорить и описывать, это стоит послушать. Фанаты power музыки не остануться недовольными после прослушивания, ровно как все любители быстрой, но при этом мелодичной музыки. Смелее! Storyteller ждёт вас…
#777I must respectfully disagree with UltraBoris on this one, this is not merely Hammerfall worship, this is pretty much an album that worships the concept album explosion of the 1999-2000, which is how I explain the exceptionally large number of ballads. Essentially these guys tried to merge the speed and power of Hammerfall and Gamma Ray with the ballad approach of Blind Guardian. As such it is necessary to carefully sift through the collection of songs so we can understand where the potential exists, and to what extent it either did or didn’t manifest itself on this release.

L-G Persson’s voice is fairly good, although I don’t think he utilizes his high register enough for the genre, and thus is my primary reason for deducting points. He actually reminds me a bit of Stephen Fredrick (formerly of Firewind) when in his middle register, although his higher wails are a bit more reminiscent of Eric Adams of Manowar. The rest of the band pulls their share quite well, although there are times when I almost think that the drummer is a drum machine, need more fill-ins and dynamic contrast.

Since the ballads and slower songs on here are, more often than not, the first line of attack for this band’s critics I will address them first. Our first ballad “Always Be There” is probably the weakest song on this album, and although lacking the German slapstick lyrics, reminds me a bit of an Edguy ballad. The piano line and the strings are well done, but it is way too repetitive. Blind Guardian ballads are loaded with changes and have powerful backing choirs for a reason, and that is to keep the song from getting boring, and unfortunately this song lacks both. “Power Within” has an interesting acoustic intro, reminiscent of a Blind Guardian ballad, but once the loud guitars kick in we switch to the Hammerfall speed mode. These two rather different styles being blended don’t necessary clash, but it should probably only be done once or twice on an album. “Like a Wind” is probably the only song here that can qualify as a true “ballad” in the Blind Guardian sense, but the atmosphere is not as dense. My only real complaint about this one is that the ending is a bit anti-climactic. If I were to re-write it, I would have had a dramatic key change at the end, accompanied by a grand choir of backing singers.

Some of the songs on here are what I’d call deceptive epics, in the sense that you expect a ballad, but you instead get an intro with a faster or heavier follow-up section. “Chant of the Thieves” is probably the most Middle-Earth of the bunch, although I must say that the background chorus on this one sounds a bit odd, as the words sound like some sort of variation on elvish. What you get is Blind Guardian vocals, over top of what sounds like a Hammerfall ballad. The title track takes the opposite approach, and begins with the electric guitars going, and then quiets down. A bit similar to “Like a Wind” at times, but then kicks it up a notch to pure speed metal. This is the big epic of the album and is loaded with changes, some smooth, others a bit abrupt. The approach to soloing on this particular one is actually a bit reminiscent of the Helloween approach to dueling guitars and variation between shredding and melodic patterns.

Among the fast songs, “Guardians of Kail” is the obvious winner for fans of power metal, as it is a 100% speed and riff fest from start to finish. “Book of Mystery” takes the same approach, but starts with a quasi-thrash riff, which turns out to be a bit deceptive as everything that follows is more Hammerfall style power metal. “Sense of Steel” is more Hammerfall speed metal, and is pretty much interchangeable with “Guardians of Kail”. To you fans of the straight-forward approach to power metal, you will only have 3 songs on here that truly qualify as such.

We have one outlier track on here dubbed “Test of Endurance and Strength”, which is a bit long for a title. It actually reminds me a bit of “The Bard’s Song - The Hobbit”, the heavy half of the well known ballad off Blind Guardian’s Somewhere Far Beyond. However, we do not get the dense layer of harmonies that Blind Guardian gave us the whole way through, as the arrangement here has been suited towards focusing completely on the vocals when they are present.

Now, as to my assessment of this album after taking all into account, I don’t think that the Hammerfall-clone label is really fair to hit these guys with (unlike Dream Evil, whom are admitted Hammerfall clones). They’re approach is quite a bit different on several levels, particularly in how the album is paced. They do have their Hammerfall moments, but there are plenty of non-Hammerfall moments. However, this album is by no means something that I would qualify as exceptional. It is good, it is well worthy the money if you can avoid import charges (I had to get my copy from Japan due to the fact that America has no fucking sense of music!), but there is a lot that could have been done better here. I myself will look into their follow up releases in curiosity to see how they’ve developed. I recommend this album to fans of power metal in the epic vain, be it Hammerfall, Blind Guardian, and even 1990s Helloween at times.

Review written by hells_unicorn for www.metal-archives.com
01. And the Legend Begins 01:12
02. Guardians of Kail 06:06
03. Always Be There 05:12
04. Sense of Steel 05:18
05. Power Within 04:13
06. Book of Mystery 05:43
07. Like a Wind 04:09
08. A Test of Endurance and Strength 04:43
09. Chant of the Thieves 03:06
10. The Storyteller 09:09
11. Chant of the Thieves (Demo ´95) 02:44 *

* - Bonus Track for Japan
Код:
Exact Audio Copy V1.0 beta 3 from 29. August 2011

EAC extraction logfile from 1. September 2013, 11:54

The Storyteller / The Storyteller

Used drive  : ATAPI   iHAS122   W   Adapter: 2  ID: 0

Read mode               : Secure
Utilize accurate stream : Yes
Defeat audio cache      : Yes
Make use of C2 pointers : No

Read offset correction                      : 48
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out          : No
Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
Delete leading and trailing silent blocks   : No
Null samples used in CRC calculations       : Yes
Used interface                              : Installed external ASPI interface

Used output format              : User Defined Encoder
Selected bitrate                : 1024 kBit/s
Quality                         : High
Add ID3 tag                     : No
Command line compressor         : C:\Program Files\FLAC\flac.exe
Additional command line options : -V -8 -T "Date=%year%" -T "Genre=%genre%" -T"COMMENT=Ripped by  Ilijan" -8 -V %source%

TOC of the extracted CD

Track |   Start  |  Length  | Start sector | End sector
    ---------------------------------------------------------
        1  |  0:00.00 |  1:12.70 |         0    |     5469
        2  |  1:12.70 |  6:06.13 |      5470    |    32932
        3  |  7:19.08 |  5:13.04 |     32933    |    56411
        4  | 12:32.12 |  5:18.25 |     56412    |    80286
        5  | 17:50.37 |  4:13.63 |     80287    |    99324
        6  | 22:04.25 |  5:43.36 |     99325    |   125085
        7  | 27:47.61 |  4:09.13 |    125086    |   143773
        8  | 31:56.74 |  4:43.20 |    143774    |   165018
        9  | 36:40.19 |  3:06.43 |    165019    |   179011
       10  | 39:46.62 |  9:06.58 |    179012    |   220019
       11  | 48:53.45 |  2:44.27 |    220020    |   232346

Range status and errors

Selected range

Filename D:\Ilijan\The Storyteller - The Storyteller.wav

Peak level 99.7 %
     Extraction speed 4.1 X
     Range quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC F21CBDB6
     Copy CRC F21CBDB6
     Copy OK

No errors occurred

AccurateRip summary

Track  1  not present in database
Track  2  not present in database
Track  3  not present in database
Track  4  not present in database
Track  5  not present in database
Track  6  not present in database
Track  7  not present in database
Track  8  not present in database
Track  9  not present in database
Track 10  not present in database
Track 11  not present in database

None of the tracks are present in the AccurateRip database

End of status report

---- CUETools DB Plugin V2.1.3

[CTDB TOCID: hgfndV1a3GiQjf3Dp52LwGiQR6E-] disk not present in database, Submit result: hgfndV1a3GiQjf3Dp52LwGiQR6E- has been uploaded

==== Log checksum BB4DD36010AA12D6EA75DD2DA83AB6D73E4CF275FFD177CABEF6523A11E3EEC0 ====
Код:
REM GENRE "Power Metal"
REM DATE 2000
REM DISCID 930C190B
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v1.0b3"
PERFORMER "The Storyteller"
TITLE "The Storyteller"
FILE "The Storyteller - The Storyteller.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "And The Legend Begins"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Guardians Of Kail"
    INDEX 01 01:12:70
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Always Be There"
    INDEX 01 07:19:08
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Sense Of Steel"
    INDEX 01 12:32:12
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "Power Within"
    INDEX 01 17:50:37
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "Book Of Mystery"
    INDEX 01 22:04:25
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    TITLE "Like A Wind"
    INDEX 01 27:47:61
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    TITLE "A Test Of Endurance And Strength"
    INDEX 01 31:56:74
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    TITLE "Chant Of The Thieves"
    INDEX 01 36:40:19
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
    TITLE "The Storyteller"
    INDEX 01 39:46:62
  TRACK 11 AUDIO
    TITLE "Chant Of The Thieves (Acoustic Version, Bonus Track Japan Only)"
    INDEX 00 48:52:00
    INDEX 01 48:53:45
Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 10.65 КБ / Просмотров 89 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  436.27 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  1
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1