3. Only For You - 5:50
4. Sacrificed - 5:38
5. Proud - 7:39
6. Demise - 5:19
7. Redefined - 6:06
8. How Many Tears - 5:17
9. Depth - 4:45
10. Seal of Faith - 9:18
Divided Multitude started up back in 1995. After releasing two demos, “Stranded” and “Tale Of Tomorrow”, they signed with Sensory Records for the release of their debut-album “Inner Self”. The album was released in 1999, and the band toured Norway and Denmark with the Swedish band Hollow.

Divided Multitude’s second album, “Falling To Pieces”, was released in 2002. This led the band into a festivaltour, and the band played numerous festivals, and the tour was high-lighted by the band playing Prog Power Europe.

From 2004 the band entered a period of low activity, and the members concentrated on other bands and projects. Bands such as Triosphere, TalRusha and Wattamezz featured members of Divided Multitude. In 2007 the band decided to get back together to record something again, and a new demo “Guardian Angel” was recorded. This really gave the band inspiration to work harder than ever, and Divided Multitude’s third album was recorded late 2008 in Skansen Lydstudio and @home studios. For mastering the album was sent to the amazing Jacob Hansen at Hansen Studios. This really gave the band the sound they were looking for.

In 2009, Divided Multitude teamed up with Silverwolf Productions, and they released the great album; “Guardian Angel” in 2010. The coverart was done by Mattias Norèn (Evergrey, Ayreon, John Petrucci), and the coverdesign by Per Spjøtvold (Goat The Head, Third Kind)

The album recieved good reviews from all over the world, and the band toured Norway and later Europe with Manticora, in the aftermath of the release.

2011 was a year of writing new material, and playing festivals. Festivals like Rebel Heart Rock Festival and Denmark Rock Festival was visited by Divided Multitude.

Divided Multitude recorded the new album “Feed On Your Misery” late 2012 and early 2013, and the album was released the 19th. Of April 2013 in Europe, and April the16th. in the US

The album is recorded in @ Home Studios, Black Lodge and Eidegården Studio; mixed and mastered by the amazing Jacob Hansen. The cover-art and cover-design is done by Per Spjøtvold.

After the release of "Feed On Your Misery", the band toured Europe with legendary Fates Warning. The tour was a massive success for Divided Multitude.

The release of "Feed On Your Misery" also earned the band a booking for the great ProgPower USA, and promoter Glenn Harveston of ProgPower USA ranged "Feed On Your Misery" the album of the year.

The band will celebrate their 20th anniversary in 2015 with a new album, new tour, and play as many festivals as possible.
I know this isn’t exactly news to anyone that knows me, but I am not a huge fan of progressive metal. It’s never been because the bands aren’t talented. Honestly, I feel as if the world of prog metal is full of pretentious bands, and even more pretentious fans, and that has always been somewhat of a turnoff for me (when the term “progsnob” is viewed as a title to be proud of, I cringe). That being said, there are a handful of prog bands that have snagged my attention over the years due to humble attitudes, while remaining endlessly talented, writing fabulous melodies and harmonies, and staying true to a hard hitting, heavy metal drive. One of these bands is Norway’s progressive metal veterans, Divided Multitude. December 2015 marks not only the release of the band’s fifth full length album*, a self-titled release, but also an astonishing twenty years together as a band.
This new record, helped by a post-production crowd funding campaign full of perks ranging from music to flags to guitar and bass picks, features a more aggressive approach from the band, as well as fantastic guest vocal appearances from Brian Ashland (Shadow Gallery, Eden) and Terje Harøy (Pyramaze, Crossnail). However, to just get it out of the way quickly, kicking off the album is honestly the only track I am not all that fond of. “Immortal” is a very aggressive, metal-core type track, featuring harsh vocals and clean singing. In my opinion, this song doesn’t do the band much justice aside from pretty solid drumming from Anders Vinje (also known from live performances with Triosphere) and some shining guitar riffs here and there from Christer Harøy. Instrumentally, it is a sound song, but only shines when the vocals aren’t featured. Vocalist Sindre Antonsen has a very unique, sharp edge to his voice, and I absolutely love it… except here. This does him no justice, and is not a good way to introduce possible new listeners to what the band is all about.
Now, I’d like to redirect this review to a more positive light. The rest of the album is a solid progressive release, and a few steps up from anything the band has released previously. If you haven’t heard of Divided Multitude yet, this release will surely change that. One of my favorite tracks on the release, “Closure”, begins with a killer guitar riff and shifts into a mellow vocal driven verse, which leads in to the Divided Multitude I was hoping to hear, in an explosive, heavily layered chorus. Notably strong keyboard work from Eskild Kløften is present in every song, and adds an element of strength to an otherwise one-sided guitar presence. Though this track in particular has some great depth provided by the keys as it breaks down into a Sci-fi-esque instrumental, then repeats to that massive chorus.
Some strong and driving bass lines can be heard assisting the kick off of “Sacrificed” provided by Rayner Harøy. My only complaint regarding the bass is that it is not present enough in the mixing, especially for a progressive metal band with only a single guitar, that end of the rhythm needs to be heard. However, this is another hard-hitting song that gives the band a more aggressive sound that really works with the vocals, especially when layered with such beautiful harmonies. “Proud” is the first ballad the band has written in a long time, featuring guest vocalist Brian Ashland, as previously mentioned. I am always a sucker for ballads, and this is no exception thanks to an impressive vocal performance, powerful lyrics, and beautifully haunting keyboards. Guest vocalist Terje Harøy is featured on the next track, “Demise” which is a perfect blend of power metal and progressive metal, as Terje is the vocalist for Danish power metal band, Pyramaze.
Bringing the album to its conclusion, “Seal of Faith”, is a unique song, but not only in the way it sounds on the surface. This track features four of the five members of Divided Multitude on vocals, and while I can not think of many bands that could pull this off, this song is perfect on every level. If it were possible at all, I’d like to write a letter to the band asking them to do this again, and do this a lot, because the magic that they have created between the four of them absolutely works. It’s nearly ten minutes of slower tempo progressive metal, with great features for not only the vocal work, but each instrument as well, and I can’t get enough of it.
All in all, this is the first Divided Multitude album to really win me over. Although the band has been around for twenty years, they haven’t broken into the mainstream progressive metal “Household Names” category, but this is definitely a step in the right direction. At least for me, I will be suggesting to all of my “progsnob” friends to check this out. However, there is enough heavy and power metal influence going on here, that the listener doesn’t need to be fully educated in the ‘progressive metal ways’ to love it. It is an enjoyable listen all around, and I couldn’t think of a better way for this band to celebrate their twenty years together.
I had a fantastic time seeing this band live in 2014 at ProgPower USA and chatting with Eskild and Sindre throughout the festival. I cannot wait to see them live again! If you have the opportunity to see these guys on any of their upcoming European festival dates (and there may be a tour in the works) don’t miss it! You can read more about the band and the album in our interview with Eskild Kloften.
foobar2000 1.3.9 / Замер динамического диапазона (DR) 1.1.1
Дата отчёта: 2016-01-19 16:37:38

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Анализ: Divided Multitude / Divided Multitude
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Пики RMS Продолжительность трека
DR8 -0.79 дБ -9.57 дБ 7:09 01-Immortal
DR7 -0.70 дБ -9.38 дБ 5:34 02-Closure
DR8 -0.90 дБ -10.02 дБ 5:50 03-Only For You
DR8 -0.84 дБ -9.42 дБ 5:38 04-Sacrificed
DR8 -0.71 дБ -11.77 дБ 7:40 05-Proud
DR7 -0.76 дБ -9.83 дБ 5:19 06-Demise
DR7 -0.76 дБ -9.21 дБ 6:07 07-Redefined
DR8 -0.81 дБ -9.76 дБ 5:17 08-How Many Tears
DR8 -0.80 дБ -9.44 дБ 4:46 09-Depth
DR8 -0.71 дБ -11.76 дБ 9:17 10-Seal of Faith

Количество треков: 10
Реальные значения DR: DR8

Частота: 44100 Гц
Каналов: 2
Битрейт: 320 кбит/с
Кодек: MP3
Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 46.65 КБ / Просмотров 45 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  146.26 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  0
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1