Треклист:
01. Enter The Cave
02. Hunter In The Dark
03. Too Great Thy Gift
04. Sorrow In Memoriam
05. Dreamwalker
06. The Bird
07. The Wanderer's Farewell
Take one part Symphony X, add a part or two of Blind Guardian and a healthy dose of Angra, allow to simmer for a while and you'll have Wuthering Heights. The debut disc from this Scandinavian progressive metal band has a lot to offer fans. The symphonic elements of Symphony X are there. The speed of Blind Guardian is there. The classical elements of Angra are there. When this is combined, it creates a big atmosphere of progressive metal that invites you to stay and listen. I'd place them somewhere on the shelf between Evergrey and Dream Theater for atmosphere, content and overall sound.

The band features some great talent. Most notable, perhaps, is vocalist Kristian "Krille" Andren formerly of Tad Morose. The technical aspects of the play are exceptional. There is a great deal of music going on in this disc and thanks to the excellent production at Sensory, it is crisp and clear. The music features the changes of tempo and direction that define the parameters of progressive metal. The lyrics are intelligent and well written. The lyricist lists J.R.R. Tolkien among those to whom he owes a debt of thanks. However, this is not your typical overblown "Tolkien metal" disc. No mighty heroes or chanting Vikings slaying dragons or pillaging villages here. These are the songs of a wanderer looking back on the road he has traveled and forward to where he may yet go.

Rather than stay safely within the conventions of progressive metal, Wuthering Heights pull out the stops and go all out on this disc throwing in as many nice surprises as they can without making it seem overloaded. The band has a large rich sound making this debut disc a prized find. The songs are long and intricate. "Dreamwalker" tops the list at over thirteen minutes and not a one of them boring.

This is a disc that will cause you to hit repeat rather than skip. I look forward to what they may release in the future. You can't go wrong with this disc.

Satan Stole My Teddybear
Kristian 'Krille' Andren - lead vocals
Erik Ravn - guitars and vocals
Rune S. Brink - keyboards
Kasper Gram - bass
Morten Nodgaard - drums
Guest/Session
Troels Liebgott - flute
Henriette Cordes - violin
Carsten Kronhoj, Rasmus Reckeweg, Anders Pharnen-Hermund, Claus Jensen, Kenneth Pedersen, Kristian Larsen, Lars F.Larsen, Rene Nielsen, Mads Volf, Kenneth Saandvig - backing vocals
#777Треклист:
01. Behind Tearstained Ice
02. The Nevershining Stones
03. Dancer in the Light
04. Lost Realms
05. Battle of the Seasons
06. When the Jester Cries (Bonus Track)
07. A Sinner's Confession I: Dawn / II: The Child in the Sun / III: The Man in the Moon / IV: Dusk
08. See Tomorrow Shine
09. Through Within to Beyond
10.River Oblivion
Erik Ravn - Guitars, Bass, Keyboards
Kristian "Krille" Andrén - Vocals
Henrik Flyman - Guitars
Morten Gade Sørensen - Drums
Rune S. Brink - Keyboards
Guest/Session
Klaus Lindy - Vocals (backing)
Claus Jensen - Vocals (backing)
Lorenzo Dehò - Bass
Tommy Hansen - Vocals (backing)
Finn Zierler - Vocals (backing)
#777Треклист:
01. Gather Ye Wild
02. The Road Goes Ever On
03. Tree
04. Longing For The Woods Part I: The Wild Children
05. Highland Winds
06. Longing For The Woods Part II: The Ring Of Fire
07. The Bollard
08. Bad Hobbits Die Hard
09. Longing For The Woods Part III: Herne's Prophecy
10. Land Of Olden Glory
11. Lament For Lorien
12. The Tapdancer / Gather Ye Wild (reprise)
*a long bag pipe melody sounds over soft sounds of wind* One of the best bands of Denmark is back with its third album, titled "Far From The Madding Crowd". *a few symphonic keyboards set in* WUTHERING HEIGHTS, so the name, once more present us with their very own brand of slightly progressive Power Metal. *a lead guitar plays a Scottish melody over a measured rhythm*

As just described begins the third album of the Danes around guitarist and mastermind Erik Ravn and they didn't only change the record label, from Sensory to Locomotive Music, but also the vocalist. Former TAD MOROSE fronter Kristian Andrén is no longer with the band, instead they stay in Sweden, but have landed a big catch in the not too well known, but definitively big calibre ASTRAL DOORS singer Nils Patrick Johansson. What has stayed the same is that they once more recorded in Tommy Hansen's Jailhouse Studios, which again is a guarantor for a great sound, as well as the a bit progressive direction of their Power Metal, which also does not shy away from a bit unusual melodies as well as the again outstanding cover.

They, meaning the melodies, more than often bear some sort of Scottish touch, not just in the great intro "Gather Ye Wild"; but also in the furiously arranged "The Road Goes Ever On", where Patrick Johansson can showcase his variable voice, he also masters deeper pitches, giving the song even more power than it already has. Additionally great melodies ennoble the track that sounds fresh and energetic, really strong opener! And that continues with "Tree" and especially the brilliant "Longing For The Woods Part I: The Wild Children" with really strong vocals, tight play, great melodies, superb drive, interesting and surprising details (like a flute or a banjo supported speed Country part in the latter one) and demanding, yet still so very catchy compositions that make these songs damn enjoyable from the first to the last second!

And the second part of "Longing For The Woods", "The Ring Of Fire", seamlessly picks up, where the first part has left off, with the same melody lines, just used differently, while the third part is completely instrumental. That they also master the calmer waters is shown with "Land Of Olden Glory", where they do not get balladesque, but just incorporate calmer passages as well, before "Lament For Lórien" closes the album off in fashion, with almost sound track like keyboards, strong vocals and a bit of a choir, a worthy ending!

Had "To Travel For Evermore" already been a strong album, I would never have imagined something like "Far From The Madding Crowd", because this CD is just brilliant, leaving out any clichés and with a gigantic song in "Longing For The Woods Part I: The Wild Children" that just tops it off. Get it, you have no excuses!

The Metal Observer
Nils Patrik Johansson - lead vocals
Erik Ravn - guitars, bass, keyboards and backing vocals
Henrik Flyman - guitars
Rune S. Brink - keyboards
Morten G. Sørensen - drums and percussion
Jette Hansen - bagpipe
Lisbeth Sagen - violin
Ulrik Tofte Jespersen - flute
Henrik Svanekær - banjo
Tommy Hansen - backing vocals
#777Треклист:
01. Demon Desire
02. Beautifool
03. The Raven
04. Faith (Apathy Divine Part I)
05. Envy
06. Snow (Apathy Divine Part II)
07. Sleep
08. I Shall Not Yield
09. Reason...?
10. Carpe Noctem _ Seize The Night
11. Midnight Song (bonus track)
First listener wrote:
Sometimes we all act foolish. There is a lot of propaganda out there and the promotion practices of the major metal labels are very effective. No matter how hard someone might try, he still misses excellent cases of metal bands. Why I am I telling this? Because we are bombarded by ads for the new super album of the x or the z "unique" power metal band (that all by chance is supported by a major label) and we miss small diamonds like this. Although I am not very fond of speed metal and I am boring very easily new (euro)power metal bands, Wuthering Heights managed to attract and to seize my attention. Unfortunately I didn’t had the chance to listen to any of their previous three albums (in the first two the "doomy" Kristian Andren was providing his services), but "The Shadow Cabinet" is a first class chance to meet them.
Descriptions about Wuthering Heights will confuse you, as they did to me. Are you convinced by the label "folk/power progressive metal"? I think that it’s hard. Yet this experienced Danish band plays a combination of all these. They do not give to all of these the same share, but surely there are enough elements that justify the existence of these terms. Now let’s get some examples. If you would you like to listen to something between early Helloween, Gamma Ray, Skyclad and Tad Morose, please raise your hands. I see a lot of them. The band has influences from the above mentioned bands, but still has made its own adjustments. To make it clearer, the folk parts and instruments used do not sound as "naively brutal" as they did in Skyclad, but they have a gentle touch. On the other hand, the progressive metal parts are not in the forefront, but are lurking in several points to demonstrate the technical aspect of the band. All these are performed mainly in high speeds and very-very powerful. The album has a good flow, despite some points (in their lengthy tracks) that lack of interest or are little bit more exceeded.
Tommy Hansen is behind the production. Someone has to put a limit to him; otherwise I foresee a raise in the unemployment rates for producers in Denmark. Seriously the guy is making the difference and I can understand why many serious bands prefer him. The cover artwork is made by Annika Von Holdt and to my opinion is very atmospheric, although a little bit common-like. In overall the "The Shadow Cabinet" is a very good album and I am very sure that none fan of power metal will get disappointed. Imagine… they managed to persuade a guy that suggested putting speed limits in metal music…

Deutschland listener wrote:
Nach "Far From The Madding Crowd" melden sich die dänischen Symphonic-Folk-Metaller um Erik Christensen mit "The Shadow Cabinet" lautstark zurück. Den Gesangspart übernahm erneut das Knödel-Sangeswunder Nils Patrik Johansson, der unter anderem die letzten CDs von ASTRAL DOORS und SPACE ODYSSEY veredelte und mit seiner unverkennbaren, einzigartigen Stimme zeigt, dass nicht jeder (Power)-Metal Sänger auf eierlosen Eunuchengesang setzen muss um zu überzeugen. Was die Musik der Platte angeht, so tendiert man stark in Richtung des Vorgängers, sprich, flottes Riffing versetzt mit unzähligen Breaks und deutlichen Folkeinflüssen. Alles in einem grundauf soliden Gewand und handwerklich geschickter Instrumentalisierung inklusive Piano und Fideln in angenehm maßvollen Rahmen. Die Songs an sich wirken jedoch meist recht unschlüssig und verworren. Mag es womöglich an den vielen Breaks liegen, dass man oft kein richtiges Gefühl für die einzelnen Songs bekommt. Auch coole Grooves lassen sich nicht einfach ausmachen. Erschwerender Weise ähneln sich die Gitarrenmelodien von Song zu Song, typisch Folk eben, was den Ohrwurmcharakter nicht wirklich fördert. Will nicht sagen, die Songs seien schlecht, in sich sind sie auch nicht langweilig aufgebaut, doch im Gesamtbild macht sich irgendwie eine graue Gleichförmigkeit breit. Grundsätzlich ein nettes Album, kein Juwel zwar, aber schon allein wegen des Gesangs zu empfehlen.
Erik Ravn: guitar, keyboards, mandolin, narration, backing vocals
Nils Patrik Johansson: all lead vocals, backing vocals
Morten Gade Sørensen: drums, percussion, backing vocals
Andreas Lindahl: keyboards, backing vocals
Martin Arendal: guitar
Teddy "Dr.Müller" Möller: bass

Guest musicians:
Lisbeth Sagen: violin
Tommy Hansen: hammond organ, keyboards, accordion, percussion, backing vocals
Tina Gunnarsson: backing vocals
Niklas Kupper: backing vocals
#777Треклист:
CD1: The Shadow Cabinet
01. Demon Desire
02. Beautifool
03. The Raven
04. Faith - Apathy Divine Part I
05. Envy
06. Snow - Apathy Divine Part II
07. Sleep
08. I Shall Not Yield
09. Reason...?
10. Carpe Noctem - Seize The Night
CD2: Roaming Far From Home
( ~ live at ProgPower 2004 ~ )
01. Tree
02. Longing For The Woods Part 1
03. Longing For The Woods Part 2
04. Lost Realms
05. Bad Hobbits Die Hard
06. Hunter In The Dark
07. Highland Winds

Denmark's Wuthering Heights have been putting out one impressive release after another since their debut Within in 1999 on The Lasers Edge/Sensory. Now comes The Shadow Cabinet, an extremely solid slab of symphonic and folky power/progressive metal that will surely please existing fans and even lure in more to the fold. Finally with what seems like a stable line-up, Wuthering Heights are set to take their brand of medieval metal to new "heights".

Once again, the vocals of Nils Patrick Johansson (who also sings for Astral Doors) are what instantly hit you when first pop in a Wuthering Heights CD. He first joined for the 2003 release Far From the Madding Crowd, and his "Ronnie James Dio on steroids" vocal delivery is just what the doctor ordered for this band. His husky vocals soar through the heavens over crunchy riffs, blistering neo-classical guitar solos, symphonic keyboards, and crashing rhythms on such gems as "Demon Desire" and "Faith -- Apathy Divine, Pt. 1". Producer Tommy Hansen was again at the helm here, and he does wonders with the guitar sound of Erik Ravn and Martin Arendal, as well as the keyboards of Andreas Lindahl.

When the occasional violin, mandolin, and accordion jig kicks in, expect a folky tour de force that rivals anything done by Finntroll, Korpiklaani, or Skyclad. This folky flavor permeates the otherwise brutal heaviness of "Envy", a kick-ass speed metal piece that features rampaging drum work from Marten Gade Sorensen (who also plays in the bands Aurora and Pyramaze) and thunderous guitar riffs. Both guitarists get plenty of time to blaze intricate solos on this one, as does Lindahl. Other killer pieces here are "Snow -- Apathy Divine, Pt. 2" (complete with a snarling vocal from Johansson), the symphonic progressive metal of "I Shall Not Yield", and the mind-blowing shred-fest that is "Carpe Noctem -- Seize the Night", a super complex mix of crushing metal, progressive rock, and folk styles. Lyrically, the songs are filled with images of dark fantasy and Viking battles, so expect to be entertained with reading along as well as enjoying the progressive and heavy sounds on The Shadow Cabinet.

As a bonus, a second CD is included of the bands' performance at 2004's ProgPower festival in Atlanta, Georgia. It's by no means a great recording, more like a healthy bootleg, but it shows the band, warts and all, as a formidable live force, as they run through a short set of killer tunes from their first few albums. It rounds out this stellar release quite nicely, so if you are in the mood for some quality medieval sounding progressive/power metal, you can't go wrong with The Shadow Cabinet.

Sea Of Tranquility
Nils Patrik Johansson - all lead vocals, backing vocals
Erik Ravn - guitars, keyboards, mandolin, narration and backing vocals
Martin Arendal - guitars
Andreas Lindahl - keyboards and backing vocals
Teddy "Dr. Muller" Moller - bass
Morten G. Sorensen - drums, percussion and backing vocals
Lisbeth Sagen - violin
Tommy Hansen - hammond organ, keyboards, accordion, percussion and backing vocals
Tina Gunnarsson and Niklas Kupper - backing vocals
#777Треклист:
01. Away!
02. The Desperate Poet
03. The Mad Sailor
04. The Last Tribe (Mother Earth)
05. Tears
06. Weather the Storm
07. The Field
08. Water of Life
09. Lost at Sea
10. Sympathy (Uriah Heep cover) *

* bonus track
Danish power metal sextet Wuthering Heights are gearing up for the release of their fifth studio album, Salt, on April 27th through Scarlet Records. An impressive act since their 1999 debut, Wuthering Heights continue to release their unique blend of music that pushes the boundaries of traditional power metal, incorporating unconventional elements and straying from popular genre commonalities. Their virtuosic speed metal influence, mixed with strong folk elements, such as bagpipes, violins, and flutes, make Salt the most innovative album in their catalog to date.

Salt’s musical complexities are ultimately what set it apart from its predecessors and place Wuthering Heights in a league of their own. From the atypical tempos and transitions to the dynamic time changes, the overall construction of this album immeasurably showcases Wuthering Heights’ versatility. And while the musicality is indeed reminiscent of a pirate adventure, there is much diversity in the tone throughout.

Closing track, “Lost at Sea,” boasts one the the most majestic song intros of the year, evoking sonic elements that are equal parts “Reign in Blood” and Dragonforce. The 16-minute journey smoothly transitions from an epic ballad to a relaxation hymn, closing Salt with calming sea sounds and complimentary acoustic slides.

The sheer brilliance of Wuthering Heights’ musicianship makes Salt an undeniably solid effort. Thematically, the album might seem somewhat hokey, though the utter intensity and broad range of influences are enough to impress heavy music fans across the board.

Review written by Shannon Joy - lamusicblog.com
Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 26.04 КБ / Просмотров 54 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  1.02 ГБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  3
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1