07. Fantazm (9:03)
08. A New Town Is a Blue Town (7:32)
09. I Wished on the Moon (6:44)
Состав:
Pat LaBarbera - tenor saxophone, soprano saxaphone
George Cables - piano
Rufus Reid - stand-up bass
Joe LaBarbera - drums
Recorded in Toronto on October 11-12, 2000.
This is another fine jazz recording produced by Justin Time Records.
Unlike the David Murray productions, also by Justin Time (which are very fast&ferocious in sound), this quartet of fine musicians has provided us with an exceptional recording of more laid back jazz. The tempo does get quick on some of the songs, but never so fast as to bust your ***** as with the David Murray recordings. I do like both types of jazz, the slow and laid back type and the fast and loud also.
Again, comparing it to the David Murray recordings, I found this CD to be more balanced, in the sense that each musician played an equal role in the recording session. Each musician played equal parts of solo as well as group efforts, whereas with the David Murray CD's, I found that David definitely had more of his saxophone solos than any other solos. I guess that's just David's personality coming out in his music and recordings...David Murray attacks like a hungry wolf. Pat LaBarbera on the other hand, while leader of his band, is not so upfront and is very much more laid back in his style.
The sound quality is exceptional.
I loved hearing Joe LaBarbera's ever so soft brush work on the snare drum and the taps of the drumsticks on the edge of the cymbals. The kick drums had excellent impact. Beautiful stuff indeed!!! The drum kit seems to be placed centre stage behind the saxophones.
The stand-up acoustic bass has a very deep and rich sound about it, providing us with some exceptional subbass frequencies that you can hear as well as feel all around you.
The tenor and soprano saxophones were upfront and that's where you should hear them in your car audio system...upfront. Very milky & smooth sounding are the saxophones played by Pat LaBarbera.
The piano was between centre and the right of the soundstage, and George Cables' fingers graced the ivories with a flowing ease.
-- Keith
Правила, инструкции, FAQ!!!
Торрент   Скачать торрент Магнет ссылка
Скачать торрент
[ Размер 12.68 КБ / Просмотров 4 ]

Статус
Проверен 

Размер  149.11 МБ
Приватный: Нет (DHT включён)
.torrent скачан  0
Как залить торрент? | Как скачать Torrent? | Ошибка в торренте? Качайте магнет  

Отправить личное сообщение

Страница 1 из 1

Сейчас эту тему просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 1